The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Carbon Fiber
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I have always had a hard time loving the front of my 2006 elise. Shave the turn signals and body line, widened the oil cooler vents "no cooler there now though'

Considered a front lib but can seem to get into them.

Then I saw this on FB. Wow would love to have this, too bad this guy is like 100% other side of planet. I wonder is there a body shop around pittsburgh that can do something custom to my front clam before the car is painted.

·
Registered
364 Posts
CK Lim actually sells and ships those around the world. By the time you have a shop attempt to do that extent of modifications to yours you could have that one delivered, painted, and installed. One of the Evora centric shop owners here on LT (can't recall the name off hand) actually works with CK Lim on parts for those and might be able to assist as well.

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
CK Lim actually sells and ships those around the world. By the time you have a shop attempt to do that extent of modifications to yours you could have that one delivered, painted, and installed. One of the Evora centric shop owners here on LT (can't recall the name off hand) actually works with CK Lim on parts for those and might be able to assist as well.
hethelsport.com

·
Carbon Fiber
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool I actually did become friends with him on FB, I had no idea something this large could be shipped globally but 100% I would rather it be straight from him. I will be sure to update this post once I get my order together hope its not outrageous.

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
I agree that the front end is just too busy. If it were not so expensive I'd love to have my turn signals shaved and re-positioned into the headlight housing. My screen image is old so it doesn't show the "new" grey-out film I placed over my turn signals. IMO this does make them blend and recede a bit into the face of the car. They no longer appear orange and white. This is my poor man's solution. :wink2:

Attachments

·
Carbon Fiber
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This would be the best front splitter option I have seen that you can bolt on. I would def do it with matching body color though. In fact if the front clam is not possible I may work with this too!

Attachments

·
Carbon Fiber
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I mean the 1 MILLION dollar hennessey venom did not even get to creative on this front end I am just sick of it'

·
Carbon Fiber
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Soo the S2 one is 3000 n shipping about 600 but not exact. Then $800 for the side skirts' with the bat wings'

Made me scroll up and say do I really want this?? And I do' I would be the first person from USA with it'

Going to try and get my order in by beginning of march,if anyone want some of his work as well we may be able to save some money if we group order some stuff, its all from Malaysia .

·
Arch. Project Manager
1,090 Posts

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
I dunno, these cars already suffer quite enough from the 'It's cute/Hot Wheels/Is it a kit car?' syndrome. Tasteful customizations, like getting rid of the turn signals in the front, filling in the faux fins next to the tail lights on the Elise, and understated front splitters work nicely.

It's REAL easy to go over the top, approaching ricer/Fast & Furious cartoon caricature status. Cannards, picnic table size wings, multi-element diffusers sticking a foot out of the back of the car...more often than not on cars that are functionally used in ways that don't require ANY added downforce components only make these small cars more cartoonish.

And lately folks have started putting roofs with scoops on Elises...:facepalm

That said, I'm from the "It's your money, it's your car...do what you want" school. My last Europa, restored to the nth degree, was painted in a color other than original, so in some schools I'm a blasphemer. I get it.

For my own part, I'm just underwhelmed by cars that look like a JC Whitney catalog exploded on them.

·
user /tron
880 Posts
This would be the best front splitter option I have seen that you can bolt on. I would def do it with matching body color though. In fact if the front clam is not possible I may work with this too!
I really like the look of that one. And it's only 412$ at Britishracinggroup.com if I'm reading it right....

The NCI splitter is awesome, but pretty pricey. It also is full length unlike the cupR lip above that just bolts underneath the clam.

·
Carbon Fiber
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the input guys, I know there are all types of lotus owners here and we all have a different idea for these cars'

I agree these cars are sensitive to bolt on stuff, that wing in the back can go right to rice burner on you so could this front clam'

I did look at the v6 conversion clam, its gonna be at least 12k' but it would be right! Even if I had the money dam might as well just buy a whole new car. It would kinda suck to blow through 12k just to get a look many already have'

Even the 3k for the CK clam is at the top of my budget when you throw in shipping and the side skirts I like.

For me personally My car will never be stock again' already cut too much off' shes an R-title anyhow so no oone has to feel bad im hacking it up'

So at this point I am going with a CK clam to fit my 2006 elise, and he's defiantly going to do the custom front and shaved turn signals.

This clam from him will be built after I purchase it, he said however I want it' going to see if he would Attempt putting in the newer style headlight pockets' and that would be a great deal for me, accept I have not seen the price of those new headlights yet...

·
Carbon Fiber
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I really like the look of that one. And it's only 412$ at Britishracinggroup.com if I'm reading it right....

The NCI splitter is awesome, but pretty pricey. It also is full length unlike the cupR lip above that just bolts underneath the clam.
I could not find it on their site'

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
Wow! that's almost half as much as I am paying for the whole clam and side skirts to be sent straight from Malaysia'
Or almost $200 over what I paid for my used, fiberglass splitter. Given how much efficient downforce can be made with our smooth underbodies and an aggressive diffuser, going crazy with the splitter can actually hurt overall downforce. It shifts it forward though, so it feels like more front downforce, especially under braking when the nose dives down. There are a couple splitters designed to keep underbody airflow in tact though; anything else is decoration/protection.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts