The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my new BRP with Lss, Touring last week. I notice a slight vibration at about 90 in the front end. I was wondering if this is something that needs to be run in or should I bring to a dealer before my 1000 mile check. If anyone has had a similiar problem or suggestions let me know.

Ken

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Most speed dependant vibrations (felt as a steering wheel shimmy) are caused by an out of balance in a front tire. The out of balance can be a number of things.

The Elise is very sensitive to this.

The first thing I would try is retorquing the front lug nuts...first loosen them, reseat the wheel, and then retighten them correctly.

After that, one should make sure the tires and wheels are very well balanced.

IMO... I expect a small amount of feel in the steering wheel at speed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
wheel vibration

try airing your tires down 5 psi or so then driving the car 15 or 20 miles then immediately airing them up again. the yokohama ao48's have very soft nylon plies that are easily flat-spotted. almost all of the sport suspension cars that have come in have had flat-spotted tires from being anchored down in the transport ships. dont get the wheels balanced because when the tires go round again the tires will be out of balance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts