The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody know the size of that flat space to hold the front license plate is?

I saw a kiosk at the Florida Mall selling vanity plates, they also sell Euro style long plates in varying lengths 16" 19" 21" and will customize the numbers to match my florida plate, is that legal to do in Florida? Anyone know?

If not that how do i optain the Elise 111 plate i see on all the pictures? i just dont like that flat bare portion on the front, personally i think it looks better with something covering it

Will the Elise plate be sold? what font is that in if i have to have one cutom made anyone know? Or is a plate with the Lotus Emblem available to fit that space?

Has the model designation been determined for the US spec car? is it a Elise 111 or something different?

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Thw Elise plate often seen in pics is part of a kit that includes the sill plates and put on with adhesive tape. It is under $90 from your dealer.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Randy Chase said:
Thw Elise plate often seen in pics is part of a kit that includes the sill plates and put on with adhesive tape. It is under $90 from your dealer.
Speaking of dealer installed options...

Randy - have you heard anything about concrete pricing/availability for the exhausts, the airbag-less steering wheel that was in one of the pictures from the dealer launch, etc...?

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
MIke,
I wouldn't have thought Lotus would offer an airbag free steering wheel being oem. I would think the liabilities would be too high.
Chris
Maybe not, unless they sell it as a "race use only" part.

I just thought I remembered seeing a picture of one laid out on a table with a bunch of other optional parts. Looked to be removable.

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
While we're at it, does anybody have any insight as to how a regular license plate is suposed to go on there for those of us in states that require a front plate?

·
Registered
218 Posts
MikeAR303 said:
Maybe not, unless they sell it as a "race use only" part.
I just thought I remembered seeing a picture of one laid out on a table with a bunch of other optional parts. Looked to be removable.
Was there apic of the whole wheel? The only one I saw you could only see about a third of it.

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
GMorel1916 said:
They drill two holes in the top and thread them.
Eeewww. That's gonna look like some goofy kind of buck teeth. I think I'll ask the dealer to hold off and I'll see how long I can put it off.

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
MikeAR303 said:
Speaking of dealer installed options...

Randy - have you heard anything about concrete pricing/availability for the exhausts, the airbag-less steering wheel that was in one of the pictures from the dealer launch, etc...?
was the car with the airbag-less steering wheel red?

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
_JD_ said:
I hope we don't hear stories of dealers drilling into the front plate area to mount their dealer ad plate in states w/o the requirement.
or even in states WITH the requirement

·
Registered
637 Posts
atyclb said:
or even in states WITH the requirement
It's a legal requirement to have a plate on the front and back of the car in the UK.

Most people* with elises don't have a front plate because in all the time most people* have had their elises, they've not had a problem with it or with the police.

Craigy.

ps
*most people... well.. you'll have to work out who that is.

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
Craigy said:
a small illustration
i'm not yet sure the cops in the US are going to be that understanding of this car regarding the front plate. We'll have to wait and see.

·
Registered
637 Posts
repeat after me: "My front plate came off when I grounded it on a speed bump. I wish they would stop putting speed bumps everywhere..."

:)

Craigy

1 - 20 of 36 Posts