The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to take off the awful factory license plate bracket and the holes are huge.. Terrible.... Thanks previous owner!

What are my options for a decal or a aluminum plate 'delete'? I used to rock these on my Subaru but I don't see anyone current on this forum making delete plates or any vinyl decals. I sent an email to Chuforia Graffix but not sure if anyone else makes Elise decals for that front plate area.

Attachments

·
Registered
872 Posts
My suggestion is not to use an aluminum plate, just fill the holes from behind (a minor fiberglass patch across the back from the inside), put a piece of wrap across the entire rectangular area, and then add one of my decals. Decal can be anything you want but I think the "Elise" decal would be good. That is assuming yours is an Elise and not an Exige. I do make custom decals and I can make an aluminum plate if that is the way you want to go. I have provided a few examples of what I make.

Attachments

·
Registered
872 Posts
A few more...

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A few more...
Thanks! I think I'd be more inclined towards an aluminum plate (either engraved with Elise or LOTUS) or with a sticker on top... Not sure I can patch and cover those giant holes without them being seen. That being said, I'd think the alumnium plate would have to be held by strong double-sided tape or velcro, no?

·
Registered
872 Posts
Or maybe double sticky tape. The plate would have to have a slight curve to it.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Wow, that does look better. Thanks for posting pictures of before and after, it always makes me feel good.
Glad to help!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Here's what Rapid Lotus came up with.... Thanks again!

(I put the skid plates underneath the license plate area as well)
Looks good! Huge and instant improvement.

I just recently did mine with some vinyl, while I had the spoiler off for a little fiberglass work/repaint. I was so happy to find the early font to match the badge on the back of the car.

The letters are brushed aluminum on a matte black background. Someone had mounted a plate before, but with only two holes, so I spackled those up with some lightweight model plane filler and sanded flush before application.

I really like the look, as I remember Lotus press cars having a similar treatment.

IMG_4891.jpg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts