The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got two tickets in the past month for not having a front plate whats a good excuse to say to the cop for him to let me go? i tryed saying the dealership told me that it would cost 5 grand to have the bumper remodled to not affect the air flow to the radiator and that didnt work twice

·
Registered
234 Posts
I'd probably try to play an episode of COPS on your headrests as the officer approaches. They might at least think it was funny and let you off.

·
Registered
234 Posts
honestly..maybe say you just had your front clam replaced and they ordered you a new front bracket, but it isn't in yet. I have my licence plate behind my front seat to pull out if i'm this situation myself.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Sorry officer, I spent the money for a front plate bracket on these cool LCD monitors in the back of the head rests.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Getting your dealer to give you a receipt for a front bracket and carrying it with you has worked for me twice. Just make sure to tear off the part with the date on it!

I just picked up my Exige S 220 today and can't imagine putting a front plate on it unless I want to plow snow.

·
Banned
874 Posts
just wondering, does anyone keep their front license plate on their dash just in case? I've seen some people do this before...

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Told a cop that pulled me over that the elise had a front plate exemption due to bumper height for the first two years and that mine was a first year model.
He let me off that one but gave me the California Stop ticket.

·
Registered
417 Posts
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I got it...........It's you my Little Chick Magnet Baby......

CUT A HOLE INTO YOUR FRONT CLAM............WHERE THE FRONT PLATE GOES...............................AND INSTALL A COOL LCD MONITOR THAT SHOW A VIDEO OF YOUR PLATE.........

If nothing else you're get laid just because they will feel bad for you.......:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Moto44..........can you do a photochop so "OUR MAN" knows what it will look like:nanner2: :nanner2: :nanner2:

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
If Sweet Daddy were to make you a sticker like the one in the example below it might satisify the police even though it is technically not correct. Your prior excuses may work though with this attempt to comply. Better than a real plate by a huge margin.

OR - just move to a state which does not require the stupid things.

Good Luck -

Attachments

·
Registered
1,288 Posts

I got it...........It's you my Little Chick Magnet Baby......

CUT A HOLE INTO YOUR FRONT CLAM............WHERE THE FRONT PLATE GOES...............................AND INSTALL A COOL LCD MONITOR THAT SHOW A VIDEO OF YOUR PLATE.........

If nothing else you're get laid just because they will feel bad for you.......:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Moto44..........can you do a photochop so "OUR MAN" knows what it will look like:nanner2: :nanner2: :nanner2:

:huh:

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I've been pulled over twice in nj for speeding, one 2x the limit. Anyways, in both cases the cops let me go with just a verbal warning. They both also mentioned the "missing front plate". Figured I would get off easy and get a ticket just for missing the front plate since they kept bugging me about it. I finally told the story about how the plate keeps hitting the ground and will damage the $10,000 front clam and that I would have to wait months for Lotus to ship a new one from England. Well, as I said, they let me go in both cases with just verbal warnings.

Besides, if you're being good, they shouldn't pull you over for just a missing front plate. I think they need a better reason to pull you over, although I'm sure they can make something up.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts