The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I added a second power point to the front of my console. Cost was about $10. Heres a few pics of the install.

I spliced into the original plug with the connectors shown. You need to wrap the connectors back behind the original wire to keep the wires away from rubbing the mounting bracket for the console storage and to make room when refitting the pocket. I wrapped the wires in plastic conduit like the stock item and ran it under the shifter mechanism to make sure it didn't foul up either the shifter or parking brake. Originally I fitted the new plug without the orange light surround but it came loose after a month or so but after adding it, it is a lot tighter and has been working out better. I guess if you really wanted a light in the footwell you could keep the bulb on the plug (removed mine). I did leave a lot of slack so it is easier to disconnect if I need to remove the console again.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
picture of the plug mounting from the inside of the console

Attachments

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why didnt you just get one of these instead:shrug:
you beat me to this post, cause i don't want the ipod between the seats and besides everything falls out of the stock socket

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts