The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Few weeks back, I hop in and take the car out for short spin and hear what sounds like a brake pad rubbing coming from front right wheel well. It only happens when I brake, but is sounded like just rusty build up.

I braked very hard 3-4 times and it continued, even after subsequent drives.

I took the wheel off and visually inspected the rotor and removed the pads, cleaned everything and didn't find anything. I was able to remove the pads rather easily, I didn't have to push the piston back more than a mm I think at most. I'm not sure what is going on.

I have Carbotech Bobcat ceramic pads and the S111 Ultra Discs. I didn't see any groves in the rotor, or rocks or debris. Thoughts?

·
Arch. Project Manager
1,093 Posts
Check that all your caliper bolts are tight. I had one of my back caliper bolts back out and had a similar sound. Found it was a bolt backing out and caliper getting loose. It could also be an abs issue cause a pot to hang open, though it would throw a code for that igniting your abs light.

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
Did you put that orange stop squeak between the caliper and pad? Others have had the same issue and adding the antisqeak took care of the problem.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll give the caliper bolts another look, and I'll buy some stop squeak too.

Let you know after I get the car backup on the jack.

Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts