The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
I'd rather have slotted or dimpled than cross drilled. Of the three options listed here I'd probably go with the BWRs (if I didn't already have a proper BBK).

San

·
Registered
903 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
re: slots and holes

I do not get your argument.

Cross-drilling is a '70's technology. It is usually not done right and shortens the life of the rotor.

Slots come in different shapes and sizes. Generally more aggressive shapes will wear the pads more. However, the structural integrity of the rotor is maintained.

Dimples seem to be for cosmetic use and seem somewhat tacky.

Anton

These are dimpled, not cross-drilled. The slotted area is also wider than usual? Not sure if I would go this route.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
I do not get your argument.

Cross-drilling is a '70's technology. It is usually not done right and shortens the life of the rotor.

Slots come in different shapes and sizes. Generally more aggressive shapes will wear the pads more. However, the structural integrity of the rotor is maintained.

Dimples seem to be for cosmetic use and seem somewhat tacky.

Anton
I can illuminate the source of your confusion... it wasn't an argument. :D
It was an observation, followed by a statement, and then finalized with a recommendation. ;)

If we are basing the usefulness of things on when they were designed, then LCD's, LEDs, cell phones were all invented in or before the seventies. Don't even get me started on ICE engines... :nanner:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.