The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks, 2 quick questions. Tried to search but found no relevant information.

BF Goodrich Braided Hoses - The 4 braided hoses are identical, there is no difference with front or rear, which means, it doesn't matter which hose goes where, while the front has slightly more length to compensate for the ABS module, correct?

Front Rotors For Rear Use - Front rotors are bigger than the rear rotors, are the hub specifications the same? Has anymore moved the front rotors to rear and used them for improved braking?

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
I'm very sorry... I cannot understand your post.

Are you saying that the four braided hoses are identical? But wait, are you saying the fronts are longer than the rear?

I believe the hub specifications are the same because my 06 Exige uses the same rotors all the way around. If you used the front rotors on the rear it would require a lot more things to change to get the brakes working in harmony again.

xtn

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Folks, 2 quick questions. Tried to search but found no relevant information.

Front Rotors For Rear Use - Front rotors are bigger than the rear rotors, are the hub specifications the same? Has anymore moved the front rotors to rear and used them for improved braking?
Front rotors and rear rotors are identical there for there would be no improved braking. The only difference between the front and rear is the caliper and pads.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Front rotors and rear rotors are identical there for there would be no improved braking. The only difference between the front and rear is the caliper and pads.
I think the exception are cars with the AP Racing 4 piston front brakes (i.e. S240)... they have a larger front rotor.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the clarification. You're right. I found the exact dimensions after I posted the thread.

S2 Elise/Exige OEM Brake Rotors
Diameter - 288mm
Original Height - 44.5mm
Original Thickness - 26mm
Minimum Thickness - 24.5mm
Centre Hole Diameter - 60.1mm
PCD - 4
Application - Front & Rear

·
Registered
45 Posts
Still learning about Lotus cars, but is the objective to increase the rear brake capability? This can be easily done with a re-size of the factory single piston Brembo caliper from OEM 36mm diameter to 38mm or 40mm. Then everything else (rotors, pads, hoses, attaching method) stays the same and is in fact, externally indistinguishable from stock.

·
Registered
80 Posts
How is this achieved through a rebore of the brake caliper and fitting an oversized piston in the bore. Or are you saying there are OEM calipers made by Brembo with these specs?

·
Registered
45 Posts
How is this achieved through a rebore of the brake caliper and fitting an oversized piston in the bore. Or are you saying there are OEM calipers made by Brembo with these specs?
Yes, through a re-size of the bore, and a sleeve on the piston. Then the reassembly uses a 38mm or 40mm Brembo or Stoptech brake seal; all else actually remains the same bits, so except for the piston, it is still all factory parts. Here are the pictures:
How'd they do that?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Oz, did you have a problem with the small o-ringed bolt at the top of the adjustment thread? I tried to send you some help about how to repair it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts