The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
I had these for my Elise. Had them for 4.5 years then sold the car. I now have them for my Evora. It saved me MANY times with both cars!!

These are a must!! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!! Great work from SirLotus.

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had these for my Elise. Had them for 4.5 years then sold the car. I now have them for my Evora. It saved me MANY times with both cars!!

These are a must!! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!! Great work from SirLotus.
Nicholas,
Thanks for your positive review.
Michael

·
Registered
607 Posts
These skid plates are really nice. I hate to see front clams worn through in the areas these protect.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
i got 'em also. Indispensable. Saved my bacon on several occasions..which would you prefer..a piece of polycarbonate plastic getting ground down...or your clam???

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i got 'em also. Indispensable. Saved my bacon on several occasions..which would you prefer..a piece of polycarbonate plastic getting ground down...or your clam???
Thanks Matt, I have had mine for 7 years, great piece of mind.
Michael

·
Happy To Be Here
2013 Lotus Evora IPS - Carbon Gray
911 Posts
What product would you recommend using to bond a set onto the underside? Any special 3M product or just automotive silicone? I'd be looking at the Evora application.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
What product would you recommend using to bond a set onto the underside? Any special 3M product or just automotive silicone? I'd be looking at the Evora application.
Just ordered a set, does anyone know how to go about doing this? IS it just tracer holes and some short screws into the bottom of the Evora bumper? Better to use silicone? Anyone?

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Don't scrape your nose!
You can use silicone adhesive or caulking. I used regular GE silicone caulk, spreading a thin layer over the whole surface. Mine have been installed securely for 7 years. No holes to drill.
Michael

·
Registered
49 Posts
Installed mine today, I let them stick out about just under an inch for just added protection and some front end down force at high speeds, the silicon is still drying.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Will these fit a 2011 elise? These look like a great idea.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Just ordered a set, does anyone know how to go about doing this? IS it just tracer holes and some short screws into the bottom of the Evora bumper? Better to use silicone? Anyone?
I used silicon so if I scrape something the plates take the hit and not damage my car, screws may rip something or caused more damage if the skid plates hit hard the skid plates can easily be replaced unlike the nose of my car.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts