The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
6,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Beware of potholes, dips in road or inclined driveways.

Protects the front underside of the clam from scratches, scrapes and damage.

Photo;
1 & 2 - Elise - 3 Sections - $125 shipped.
3 - Exige - 4 Sections - $125 shipped.
4 & 5 - Evora - 4 Sections - $175 shipped.

Made with 3/16" unbreakable polycarbonate.

Secured with silicone caulk / adhesive or 3M VHB double sided tape (not supplied).

Michael

Attachments

·
Registered
240 Posts
Michael,
Getting ready to install mine. The 3m tape looks like a clean way to go.. What type 3m vhb tape works best for this? Also can it be removed with heat gun if needed? Do you think it needs entire surface covered or just a wide strip down middle of skid plate?
Cheers,
Andrew

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
6,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Michael,
Getting ready to install mine. The 3m tape looks like a clean way to go.. What type 3m vhb tape works best for this? Also can it be removed with heat gun if needed? Do you think it needs entire surface covered or just a wide strip down middle of skid plate?
Cheers,
Andrew

Andrew,
Difficult for me to give you a recommendation as I always used silicone. I know "Gunpilot" used VHB, you might want to contact him.
Michael

·
Registered
240 Posts
Used the 3m VHB 4991 tape and installed very smooth. Easy to adjust position during install and very solid adhesion when done. Pretty much invisible unless you look underneath car. Great product! Thanks Michael! And thanks Gunpilot for install advice.

·
craigyirush
1,534 Posts
Hi Michael - will these adhere if there already is damage on the chin?

I have a crack (about an inch) on the left side and a scrape on each side - enough that the white of the fiberglass is showing through the paint.

·
Registered
81 Posts
evora skid plate

Hi Michael/SirLotus,
I sent you a PM about these...I am taking my Evora to the shop on Friday Jan 2nd...I would really like to have these to get them installed.
Could I buy them today and have you ship them out to NY? Please contact me or reply to this post.

·
Elige, Evora, Rossion
291 Posts
I will be in the Delray area in a few days. Can I pop by to see these on a car? My Evora has a little chin rash which I will take care of and would like to put your product on straight away.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 82 Posts