The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cracked the front splitter and would like to know what options are available and who sells them. I own a 2003.5 final edition. I had seen some post regarding some carbon fibre options but could not find the old threads. Thanks for all your help.

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
6,424 Posts
On the late V8s there is a "rubber lip" AND a splitter "extension" that positions the lip lower to the ground. :facepalm

You need to be specific as to what you need. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
The parts are usually repairable unless you broke it off and didn't stop to get the pieces. Don't spend a lot of money on it, you will hit another parking bumper or dip in the road again. That is why the lower lip is 2 pieces, you don't have to replace the whole thing, only the damaged side. That lower lip is so easy to break that all Lotus's were shipped to dealers new with it not installed. They KNEW it would get damaged loading and unloading it onto car carriers! Carbon fiber also breaks.
David Teitelbaum

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just bought the car and it was already cracked. I will fix it but wanted to know
What is available. I will try to make a mold but for that I will need to buy a spoiler that is in good condition. Thanks again for all your help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts