The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if there is any front splitter or skid plate avaliable yet for the s2. I was hoping to get one before my elise comes because im real fastidious about keeping my car in mint condition. Also does anybody have a better pic of the carbon fibre diffuser made by Reverie other than the one on sector 111.

Thanks

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Dealer option from skid plate is on order from UK and should be here "soon."

I could see it being very possible that someone will make one, if they don't get here soon. They are very much needed on this car, IMO.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,105 Posts
efinirx7gt said:
Also does anybody have a better pic of the carbon fibre diffuser made by Reverie other than the one on sector 111.
We've got them in stock now and I need to get some better pix! In the meantime, here are some more shots from our partner in Japan (Argonauts).

ReVerie is also working on a front splitter. When do you expect to have your car?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Re: Re: Front splitter or skid plate avaliable?

shinoo said:
We've got them in stock now and I need to get some better pix! In the meantime, here are some more shots from our partner in Japan (Argonauts).

ReVerie is also working on a front splitter. When do you expect to have your car?
Those letters on the rear are awesome. Do you think we could remove our letters without leaving any harm to the paint and add these? Are they available?

·
Supporting Vendor
4,105 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Front splitter or skid plate avaliable?

ulmpharmd said:
Those letters on the rear are awesome. Do you think we could remove our letters without leaving any harm to the paint and add these? Are they available?
We are not offering raised letters at this time.

Removing the decals is easy. Use a hair dryer to warm up the letters and peel them off. Remove any adhesive residue with citrus based cleaners or 3M Adhesive Remover.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks shinoo! that looks great, I should have my car in feb or march. My car is saffron yellow and i think the black cf diffuser would look great. Any news on when the cf splitter will be avaliable? Keep us updated.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,105 Posts
A CF diffuser will look great with Saffron. We hope to have the splitter by the end of the year. Hopefully sooner.

Send me a PM with your email and I can put you on our email newsletter list for the latest updates.

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
that diffuser is too big for that car. I would like to buy the CF one but only if it has the same dimensions as the stock one.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
ulm,
Those raised letters in the pic are standard factory letters which was seen on the europa, elite, etc. You can buy them from a place like dave bean or other classic lotus dealer.

They have two metal pins on the back so you'd hve to drill holes in the car or remove the pins and afix in some other way.
Chris

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
As mentioned those are standard L O T U S letters for the earlier cars. I'd grind off the rear pins and use modern trim adhesive. I think the old style raised chromed metal letters look better and are more easily legible from more angles and under more lighting conditions.

·
Registered
144 Posts
over here the Alvan motors splitter/diffuser package is very popular - I have it on my car www.alvan-motors.com

anyone going to import this into the US? claimed to add about 90Kg of downforce at 100mph if you have the wing fitted too ;)

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
eliseowner2b said:
Is the Elise available in white everywhere but the U.S? Maybe Ill paint mine this weekend...
No. Pure white Elises and Exiges are only made in the standard lineup for the Asian market AFAIK.

Here in europe there's only the Type 23 with the green stripes and a few custom-ordered white cars.

Almost nobody wants a white Elise here in europe, so it's not in the normal colour lineup.

Bye, Arno.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
shinoo said:
The larger size provides additional turbulent airflow management as well down force. Form is following function.
I'm afraid it would not survive a trip up or down many driveways or survive being trailered either.
Would love to have one though.
m.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts