The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a sturdy good looking front splitter. Im not against paying 700 for a gutsport but I would like to know what else is out there that people recommend. I don't care if its carbon or glass. I weigh 250lbs. I could stand to lose the 2LB difference. Id like to buy it from a site sponsor but I went through most of them with limited choices.

·
Registered
972 Posts
I have the Elise Parts front splitter. Made of fiber-glass as far as I know. Comes gel coated black. We installed it with a piece of Alumalite (aka Alumacore even if they're slightly different) mounted underneath and extending a few inches out (recently cut down quite a bit) and shored up from under the car to the chassis and it's rock solid.

Out the door I think it was probably $350ish for both parts combined with some drilling and hardware from home-cheapo.

Here's a pic from before I trimmed it down a bit.

And when I trimmed it down I took off both pieces and did a better job matching colors. The above pic is straight plasti-dip on both parts, I've since painted both Satan black. Yes Satan, not satin.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts