The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a link to a car equipped with the sports suspension. There is a front splitter on it. Wonder if this is an aftermarket piece or an addition to the LSS.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I agree. The only front splitter I've seen that looks good to me so far is the one that looks like the Exige splitter. Anyone know where to get it?

Cade

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Be careful adding aero items to the car. The car is set-up very well and increased downforce in the front can lighten up the rear. Maybe a larger diffuser in the rear would help balance things??

·
Registered
9 Posts

From personal experience I found the front a bit light at speeds 100+mph (as have others who decided to add our front splitter).

Adding the front splitter makes the front end less "light" at speeds in excess of 130+mph :)

Tigga!

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I'll agree that my Exige starts to get "darty" at about 125mph. I think this is due to the spoiler working more than the splitter.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have one of Tiggas splitters on my Saffron Yellow Sport 135R, very high quality and finished in black it looks the biz (= well wicked ;) )

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have one of Tiggas splitters on my Saffron Yellow Sport 135R, very high quality and finished in black it looks the biz (= well wicked ;) )

·
Registered
144 Posts
I had one of Tiggas splitters on my car prior to an altercation with a large rabbit ! I also have the rear diffuser. When I had them fitted it wasnt as if I thought 'wow - what a difference' but when I had to drive without the front splitter for a month or so after the accident I really noticed it wasnt there. It really starts to work at 90mph+ though in long sweeping bends,and the car is stable all the way to the limiter in top.

·
Not the admin anymore
11,952 Posts
Tigga! said:
The new front splitter we do can be seen on the attached image.
Is there a difference in the two pics that I am just not seeing??

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,684 Posts
where's waldo ?

·
Registered
979 Posts
RacyTracy said:
Is there a difference in the two pics that I am just not seeing??
If you look at the first pic, it looks like a splitter that has just been attached to the bottom of the front of the car. It is like a plate that goes evenly around the front. The second picture shows a splitter that follows the lines of the "splitters" that are already on the front clam. It seems more integrated into the front of the car (and also more similar to the Exige). I hope this helps.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,684 Posts
nope....waldo was here last week, but i'll tend to agree with ya....i cant see any diff either.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts