The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
6,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have an extra few of these Elise front clam protectors made from a 3/16" specialized grade of virtually unbreakable polycarbonate that saved me from under clam damage many times. Included is a small front bumper to protect against light contact with concrete parking stops and curbs. They adhere with silicone glue or caulk which enable them to be removed if needed. They are $95 shipped, if interested please PM me,
Michael

Attachments

·
Registered
212 Posts
PM Sent. Downtown Chicago is going to wreak havoc on my clam without a set of these.

·
Registered
147 Posts
are these still available? Where did you get them? Can I have something similar fabricated? I just installed a new clam (car is still at the shop) and it is impossible for me to get in and out of my driveway without bottoming out. dont want to ruin the fresh body work.

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
How do these compare to the Lotus chin guards? Also, will they work if my license plate box is shaved?

·
Registered
134 Posts
These guards are fantastic. If you actually come up to a parking chock, these won't help you, but the Lotus guards will. However, if you pull out of parking lot, these will protect the chin of the clam from getting scratched up. I used a marine silicone to glue them onto the chin.
The license plate guard will not fit if you've shaven the box off. If that's the case, the guards should still work just fine for minor scrapes. Hope that helps.
Bump for a great item!
Cheers!
Jack

·
Registered
66 Posts
any more left? ive scraped the front once, and i dont want to go thru that emotional pain again.
thanks!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Make no mistake, people, these protectors are AWESOME! I took a driveway hard. CHIPPED the polycarb. ZERO damage to clam. I found the chip and reglued it back on. How cool is THAT?!:clap:

·
Registered
6,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That is so great to hear.
Michael
Make no mistake, people, these protectors are AWESOME! I took a driveway hard. CHIPPED the polycarb. ZERO damage to clam. I found the chip and reglued it back on. How cool is THAT?!:clap:

·
Registered
693 Posts
Viper, you have PM.

Two quick questions:

I showed the picks to a friend of mine and he's wondering if they would fit a 2008 Exige, as well. Do they?

And, I like the Elise decal on the "license plate bracket". Where can one get that?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I got them today. Thanks!

Would regular clear silicon caulk (the kind for bath/shower) work well to hold them on?

Thanks,
Rich

·
Registered
6,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Rich, clear silicone caulk is what I used to install them 3 years ago.
Michael
I got them today. Thanks!

Would regular clear silicon caulk (the kind for bath/shower) work well to hold them on?

Thanks,
Rich

·
Registered
693 Posts
Everybody needs one!

It's great for piece of mind. I DD mine and scraped twice in the past three months... But I don't have to worry :D

1 - 20 of 82 Posts