The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 40 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
6,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Everybody needs one!

It's great for piece of mind. I DD mine and scraped twice in the past three months... But I don't have to worry :D
Thank you for your recommendation, saved me so many times too.
Cheers,
Michael

·
Registered
6,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
Protect against damage. A few more sets of front, under clam protectors available, PM me if interested.
Cheers,
Michael

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
What is thw weight of the protectors?

The reason that I ask is: wonder are you interest to custom somthing for Exige with a little bit bigger to act as splitter extention.

·
Registered
6,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
What is thw weight of the protectors?

The reason that I ask is: wonder are you interest to custom somthing for Exige with a little bit bigger to act as splitter extention.
I do have a patten for the front under clam for a Exige and could customize something for you. It would have to be in 3 sections though, because the polycarbonate sheets I have are 48" and the total width of the Exige at that point is 53". Weight, I will have to get back to you on.
Cheers,
Michael

·
Registered
134 Posts
Make no mistake, people, these protectors are AWESOME! I took a driveway hard. CHIPPED the polycarb. ZERO damage to clam. I found the chip and reglued it back on. How cool is THAT?!:clap:
Ok. So it's night, and I misjudge 1) my speed, and 2) the elevation of railroad tracks. **CRUNCH!** Damage to the chin due to impact. Scratches on the polycarb protectors. There's only so much these chin protectors can do to prevent stupid drivers!
Just got clam repaired and have ordered another set. These protectors are seriously awesome!

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
I have a '10 Exige and want one.
Can you do that?
Dan

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
The best inventions are usually simple

Bump for the thread and a great product/solution...

These things just spared me from costly (or if unrepaired, neurosis inducing) front clam damage AGAIN.

I'm careful and mindful of the low stance of the car and always evaluating the angle of driveways/parking lots as I enter and exit them (it only takes ONE good scrape/smash of the underside of the front clam to become acutely aware of this...) but this one must have been an illusion or something. Going into the lot... no problems. Coming out of the lot, totally unforeseen CLUNK/SCRAPE/"WHAT THE F***?!"/BEEP! (yeah, to add insult to injury, I simultaneously managed to accidentally beep the horn at myself to further draw attention to the spectacle:wallbang:). Fortunately, I took a deep breath, confident in the fact that I had previously installed the front under clam protectors, I pulled into an adjacent parking lot to inspect the damage, and as I hoped... NONE. Small scuff at each of the guards, but no cracks, chips, or other damage to the actual clam. These things just paid for themselves, again.:up:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Can I get just get a set of the chin protectors if you still have some? What would the price be without the middle part?

I got rid of my license plate plinth a while back when I was doing repairs on a little nose scrape damage. By the way, when you get rid of the rectangle, that part of the car will never touch ground again. As an added plus, I think the car looks one thousand times better without the ugly rectangle on the front. The Elise is all curves and the license plate thing always bothered me from day one. I do live in TX where a front plate is required but cops have just never bothered me about it in 6 years of ownership. (knocks on wood). It looks less like I'm 'supposed to' have something there without the plinth.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Are these still available?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Michael,
Just to confirm this is a 3 piece set for $95?. One pieces for under the license plate mount and two pieces to go under the "winglets" on either side?

I have more damage under there than I thought. After reapiring the damage, I would like to install these protectors.

Thanks,
Jeff B

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
I mounted a set on my '10 Exige.
Very nice! Though I hope not to need them.
Not visible, but there just in case.
I think Viper prefers that you PM him to order.

21 - 40 of 82 Posts