The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Elise experience for me has come down to one word: frustration.

Frustration from lack of information and delays. First I was told that my car would be delivered in August. Then that was pushed back to September. Then that was pushed back to October. So here it is at the end of October, and there is an Elise spec'd exactly like mine sitting in my dealer's showroom, and they tell me that it isn't my car. They say my car will be delivered at the end of the year or early next year. What?!?!?!

So I try to call Clyde at LCU to get some information and I can't get hold of him. Nobody knows anything and if they did, I can't get a hold of them.

Frustration... :(

·
Registered
92 Posts
we were or still there with you man

i ordered 2+ years ago - was told may - told i was in 2nd shipment so more like june - then aug, then sept - and came in october

i was the 8th order in NYC and it took that long

it's so worth the wait that i can only say hold up as best you can

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
****, that must take insane amounts of self control to look at a car Just Like Yours sitting there while the salesmen say "nope, that one is for us".

Lotus should be ashamed and apalled that their sales network permits an enthusiast to sit and stew while their exact car sits waiting for $Market Premium$.

·
Registered
389 Posts
**** let me tell you I am frustrated like a [email protected]#$%&

My car has been at port since Sept 27th and yesterday I get a email saying that my car has a short delay and will be arriving at the dealer soon. SOON!! WTF is soon!! Soon could mean 1 day to 2 months. So what # am I you might ask? I'm # 4. Yes #4 and still waiting like I've been doing for what seems to be like an eternity. I'm so close to telling Lotus UK, Lotus USA and my dealer to take my Elise and shove it up their @sses. This is BULLSH!T!

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
I think the problem is really with the ports and the truck shippers.
I don't think the sale persons can actually tell you any more than when it's build, went it left Hethel, and when it reached port.

For what it's worth, I called Scottsdale Lotus to follow up about gear shifters. Dan mentioned that my car reached port on Friday. It left Hethel on the 9/20, which made it was about a 6 week voyage. It's a guess to when it will actually arrive due to the reason I mentioned above.

I'm not sure if this helps but I think that car would have been number 12 on Scottsdale list. My original, a Magnetic Blue car, was number 14 and was being built around October 6*. I don't know the VIN on my car (BRP) but the VIN for the Magnetic is 30757 and it's schedule to be here around December.

*http://www.elisetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6439

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Allan Gibbs said:
I think the problem is really with the ports and the truck shippers.
I don't think the sale persons can actually tell you any more than when it's build, went it left Hethel, and when it reached port.

For what it's worth, I called Scottsdale Lotus to follow up about gear shifters. Dan mentioned that my car reached port on Friday. It left Hethel on the 9/20, which made it was about a 6 week voyage.
That sounds about right considering the port back up. Sounds like your car is on land.

I totally agree with your first paragraph.

II-soon, hang in there (along with everyone else!)... it sounds like you are very close. Don't give up now.

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does anyone know the standard delay between the car being put on the ship and being delivered to the dealer? Is it about one month for the east coast and 6 weeks for the west coast?

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
MickOpalak said:
Does anyone know the standard delay between the car being put on the ship and being delivered to the dealer? Is it about one month for the east coast and 6 weeks for the west coast?
Maybe a bit longer, though I know they were working hard to speed up the port end of things.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
I know the goal for arrival to the dealer from port is 10-15 days, they may be starting to get that as the transport seems to be more available. The transit time from UK port to East Coast Port is 2 weeks give or take a few days. I also assume you need to add days from hethel for containerizing and getting to the docks.
Chris

·
Registered
498 Posts
I share your pain. It is harder to wait when you see other enjoying the car. I had hope with the news of increased production but I call to the dealer to get status was awful. I refuse to pay over msrp for this car. So I wait!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts