The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had a guy roll into my rear clam at a stop light at maybe 3-5 mph. 2-1/2 -inch long crack just off center line, another one about 1-1/2-inches long, and some very minor scuffs and spidering around it. Otherwise, clean. Starshield. I'm in the South Bay area of SoCal.

5/16/2008 PRICE: $950. Will consider offers.

·
Registered
96 Posts
can you show some pics of the inside of the cracks...I feel that with the placement of the hit there would be some serious cracks on the inside of the clamshell.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll take some additional close-ups of the inside where the two main cracks are and post tomorrow.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I photographed the inside of the boot looking toward the rear panel and from underneath the bottom outside lip. The main crack, about 2.5-inches, wraps under the lip and stops at the center square hole above the license plate. There is a lump on the inside surface, but not a break. The only other area with anything visible from the inside is along the crease where the 1-inch chip is, seen from inside the boot. All other crud on the inside rear wall is simply the unfinished surface from the factory.

When I was at the body shop for repairs I saw a stack of front and rear clams that were going to be repaired and all were much worse than this one.

5/16/2008 PRICE: $950. Will consider offers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts