The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD

2005 (early, VIN #170 - dual oil coolers)
Starlight Black / Biscuit interior
Touring pack
Starshield (new front section)
Hardtop & Softtop
AO48s - NEW (80 miles)
13,500 miles
Garaged kept
Oil changed on average every 1,800 miles (Mobil 1)

The extras:
RAC Monolites (Anthracite) - (stock base wheels w/Advan Neovas included)
Micromirror (stock included)
Carbon Fiber Center Tunnel (from Sector111) - (stock included)
Hex shifter replaced with Louts specified improvement (round)
Odyssey PC625 battery
TurboXS CAI (stock included)
Quicksilver exhaust (stock included)
Polk Audio speakers (4)
Legal level of window tint (sides and back)
Gas cap surround and rear diffuser powdercoated black (not reflected in pictures below).
Elise specific car cover
Porterfield Brake Pads (Street version) - front only

The car is located in Arkansas.

Attachments

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Wow. This is a great deal.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Randy, I think so too.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
holy cow!! What a fantastic deal!

calling the bank..

calling shipping companies..

calling my reasonable side... no answer!

calling travel agent..

calling stock broker...

Someone save my wallet & pick this car up before I'm out of excuses. ;)

·
Registered
772 Posts
What the!!!! I'd buy that if I didn't have one already.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Eclise said:
All that work, and selling for so low!
It never felt like work.:D

As to the "so low," my price is a reflection of the reality for nearly anyone truly interested in the car to travel here to see it/pick it up. A market equivilent price knocks me out of most potential buyers short lists due to this fact. The extras on the car plus a relatively aggressive price gets my mailbox to fill up with some of you who are starting to think about fying to XNA. :shift:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Mmmm, love the monolites, and they look really nice on black! Too bad I already have a SB, this is an awesome deal.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
transio said:
Crap... I shouldn't have opened this thread. Beautiful Elise... freaking INCREDIBLE price.
You can feel it pulling you back, can't you Steve? :evil: Buy me...

·
Registered
960 Posts
A fantastic car at an unbelievable price! Arkansas must be bad if this much incentive is needed:eek:

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
KLM said:
You can feel it pulling you back, can't you Steve? :evil: Buy me...
You have no idea... I already almost justified it to myself. 3-6 months from now I might be able to do an Elise again. Really too bad. This is a gorgeous car. :(

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
edaddy said:
A fantastic car at an unbelievable price! Arkansas must be bad if this much incentive is needed:eek:
It is more a matter of population density of Lotus enthusiasts than Arkansas itself. That said, a lift kit and 4x4 would have this sold by now.

The true intent of the lower price is to place distance between this offer and others to make a fast(er) deal, in my favor. All things being equal a prospective buyer in California is going to buy one of the many cars available to him/her for $35-37K range in California. That is unless someone gets his attention elsewhere for a superior deal.

Seems simple enough to me; I am using what little leverage I have to position my car in front of others.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
transio said:
You have no idea... I already almost justified it to myself. 3-6 months from now I might be able to do an Elise again. Really too bad. This is a gorgeous car. :(
Thanks bud, best wishes to everything you have going on.

Try not to think of it too much while you fall asleep. You don't want to torment yourself about this car. Did I mention it has the TurboXS CAI? I am sure you read how unbelievable the sound is from this. All of those underpasses in Miami...wow, what a dream that would be!:D

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Actually it looks like it's priced for a quick sale. There are elise on ebay now with BIN of 34,500 and look like they will go without a single bid. 32-34 is where most sale at if the owner is really wanting to sale them. What I'm not understanding is the salvage titled ones listed at 32k, or on ebay and being ran up to a price in the mid to upper 20's. I personally don't think I could convince myself to save 4-5k just to have the Elise but with a salvage title. But maybe that's just me. :)

In any case it looks like the market for buyers is drying up. I think there were 23 today on ebay, 109 on cars.com, and 101 on autotrader. That isn't counting the few entries on craigslist and local papers either. I have no clue how many were actually imported into the US for the past 2 years. But 225 for sale consistantly isn't really in the best interest of the sellers right now.

I've been watching prices for a while now, it's just not where I can justify it yet. But I sure looked at this one for a looooong time today. :) And I don't care for tan interior! If it was 4-5 months down the road I probably would have bitten on it. :) Don't get me wrong, I truely think the sticker price on the Elise is worth every penny. I just can't afford all those pennies right now so I'm looking for a steal of a deal.

In any case it looks like one of the best deals I've seen in the past month. Someone should jump on it...like NOW. :) Please remove the temptation for me... please...

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
LordZ said:
Actually it looks like it's priced for a quick sale. There are elise on ebay now with BIN of 34,500 and look like they will go without a single bid. 32-34 is where most sale at if the owner is really wanting to sale them. What I'm not understanding is the salvage titled ones listed at 32k, or on ebay and being ran up to a price in the mid to upper 20's. I personally don't think I could convince myself to save 4-5k just to have the Elise but with a salvage title. But maybe that's just me. :)

In any case it looks like the market for buyers is drying up. I think there were 23 today on ebay, 109 on cars.com, and 101 on autotrader. That isn't counting the few entries on craigslist and local papers either. I have no clue how many were actually imported into the US for the past 2 years. But 225 for sale consistantly isn't really in the best interest of the sellers right now.

I've been watching prices for a while now, it's just not where I can justify it yet. But I sure looked at this one for a looooong time today. :) And I don't care for tan interior! If it was 4-5 months down the road I probably would have bitten on it. :) Don't get me wrong, I truely think the sticker price on the Elise is worth every penny. I just can't afford all those pennies right now so I'm looking for a steal of a deal.

In any case it looks like one of the best deals I've seen in the past month. Someone should jump on it...like NOW. :) Please remove the temptation for me... please...

With a name like "LordZ" you're telling me you cannot make more pennies simply appear? C'mon man! Best of luck on your search Z.
PS - The Black & Tan looks great in person; especially if you like beer! Get it?

·
Registered
960 Posts
There aren't many people cheaper than me and I think this is one of the best deals I've ever seen on an Elise. KLM's pricing logic is perfect in relation to California - if his car was basically stock. The wheels, intake, interior, and fanatical maintenance add, even discounted for use, close to 3K in value though. For a normal car, that puts it right around 30K - the magical "bargine" price everyone's looking for. Someone's going to get a real deal:nanner: even if it means driving home from AK.

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
LordZ said:
In any case it looks like one of the best deals I've seen in the past month.
I've been watching used Elise prices for 2 years, and this is BY FAR the best deal I've EVER seen on one. You're looking at $60k of car here, and $60k well spent in a beautifully put-together car.

Honestly, I'm surprised it hasn't sold yet. All these "buyers" waiting for a deal... if I were on the market, I'd have snapped up this car the moment I saw the ad. :shrug:

·
Registered
960 Posts
transio said:
I've been watching used Elise prices for 2 years, and this is BY FAR the best deal I've EVER seen on one. You're looking at $60k of car here, and $60k well spent in a beautifully put-together car.

Honestly, I'm surprised it hasn't sold yet. All these "buyers" waiting for a deal... if I were on the market, I'd have snapped up this car the moment I saw the ad. :shrug:
You would have had to beat me - if I didn't already have one that's just about modified to my taste (no Aztec Bronze jokes)

1 - 20 of 111 Posts