The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 40 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
KLM said:
The Black & Tan looks great in person; especially if you like beer! Get it?
Black & tan is a very classic and popular color combo. I personally like the look of black leather, but it gets so damn hot in the florida sun! :mad:

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
KLM said:
With a name like "LordZ" you're telling me you cannot make more pennies simply appear? C'mon man! Best of luck on your search Z.
PS - The Black & Tan looks great in person; especially if you like beer! Get it?
LOL. The name is a long story. But needless to say I've been a Z freak for a long time. Just got finished a 3 year restoration of a 1990 Z and have owned/built up over 13 before that. And with the sale of that last weekend I think I'm done crawling around under them. The Elise is the first car that has come along (sub 80k) that I would actually buy over a restored and built up Z. It's hard to understand for some people, but that's just how my messed up view of the world is. :) It also says volumes as to how impressed I am with the Elise.

I just need a change of pace I think. Or rather step it up a notch in this case. All my Z friends think I'm insane, but it's not my fault they can't see what a wonderful vehicle the Elise is...

Oh, and the flight to AZ and drive back is not the limiting factor here for me. I've actually looked at a few in Washington state and considered driving them back.

Enough about me though. :) Back on topic. Someone hurry up and steal this car so you can tell me what a deal I missed out on...

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Veksen said:
Where are you located in Arkansas? Anywhere near Moutain Home?
I am in the Bentonville/Rogers/Fayetteville area (NW corner). Mountain Home is about two hours east on some really great roads.

And while there is no test people, the state abbreviation for Arkansas is AR. ;)

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Doh! AR. I truely did mean that. :) AZ is where I just sold the Z to. That's what I get for attempting to type while rushing out the door.

Good luck with the sale KLM. You are giving someone a hell of a deal.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
bump for weekend traffic

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I'm shocked this car hasn't sold. It's close to 50% of retail value (taking into account AM parts) in 2 years! As someone who is also trying to sell their Elise I'm surprised by the lack of qualified buyers, unless you're willing to take a 25% loss per year. Everyone sitting on the side lines should just wait 2 more years and we'll have to pay them to take the car off our hands. :p

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Alright, you got a deal! Tell me how much you will be paying me and where to meet you in 2 years. :)

You guys really need to stop putting cars like this on the market though. I think I have an ulcer trying to figure out how to justify the purchase...

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Steve, i dont think there will ever be a "sellers market" on the elise unless they stop making them. I also wonder what will happen to the price of the ealry cars when thier (precious)warranty period is over. The price on this car is perfect for a seller who wants to sell his car rather than have a car for sale for a long time and have the lotus buyers beat him to death with lowball offers. i took this same approach on selling my car and sold it fast.
I was offered and accepted $33K for my car twice only to have the impulsive ltotus buyers back out becuase of dumb reasons. i couldnt believe that i would have taken that amount for my car at that point. i got my asking price which was fair for the car. I think KLM has a great car thats dead on for a no haggle sale, though if i were him, i would strip those wheels off and put the stock ones on and sell them seperatly.
KLM, the dealership here in AZ said they could get me $34 in consignment for my car w/o hardtop. you might look into selling it that way, and remove some of the aftermarket stuff and sell them here seperately.
if this car doesnt sell soon, i might have to break out some of those much loved "cameltoe" bumps.
good luck
fishguy

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
wrh3 said:
Awesome deal, almost convinced myself I needed another one in the garage. Good luck with the sale :up:
You are not the only one, we're trying to figure out if we're a two elise family.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
babak said:
You are not the only one, we're trying to figure out if we're a two elise family.
I believe you are Babak! :D I will even bring it to you.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Beautiful car, I'm not too far away in TX either. Maybe if I can offload my new RX8 on my friend I can pick this up. Unless you want a 05 RX8 with 7000 miles on it and cash? :)

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
nugg_dawg said:
Has car been sold yet?

John
Nope - car still here John (and just washed too).

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
CosmosMpower said:
Beautiful car, I'm not too far away in TX either. Maybe if I can offload my new RX8 on my friend I can pick this up. Unless you want a 05 RX8 with 7000 miles on it and cash? :)

Your friend with LOVE your new RX8! Sell him hard, then steal mine! :D

21 - 40 of 111 Posts