The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Touring wheels from 2005 Elise (8-spoke design). Wheels are in very good condition, no curb rashes anywhere. Pictures taken show watermarks on the wheels but these marks wipe off, the wheels are in excellent condition for used wheels. Wheels and tires have about 12k miles of use, all moderate street driving. AD07 tires still have about 60% tread left on them.

Wheels are located in Los Angeles at the body shop working on my car. PM me with any reasonable offers or if you want to see the wheels in person. They need to go by the end of this month (May 2008). Set is 4 wheels and tires, the last picture shows the passenger side rear wheel removed. Buyer responsible for pickup or shipping and handling charges. Local buyer preferred.

Pics:

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
wait for it...

...its coming!

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Calling all Tims Calling all Tims.............:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
And the question is: will sleeprfocus be out of focus AFTER the Timthwacking ???

·
Registered
584 Posts
LOL rotfl

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Who the hell is Tim? :shrug:

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
To all who have missed me...

I had some minor surgery on my arm, and have been "off" for the last week. Off work, and off line - strange, you can actuality survive a week without the internet...

Now, Sleepfocus, what they were referring to was your calling the STANDARD wheels "Touring wheels from 2005 Elise (8-spoke design). " You see, there is no such thing as "Touring Wheels" - the Touring Package was/is an interior trim package and has absolutely nothing to do with wheels, tires, or suspension. Anyone that calls them "Touring" gets an "official" thwack from me (or sometimes some one else that does it for me - thanks guys).

You are about to join a very large club of people that have been thwacked (many intentionally just to get a thwacking) - it's a long standing joke (but serious none the less).

So, sleepfocus, here's your thwack: :thwack:

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
YAY TIM !!! :clap::clap::clap::nanner::nanner::up::up:

Hope you're feeling better !! ( you have to get those 7 more posts in to hit 10 K !! )

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
i think this has to be one of the lamest jokes in LT. Viva la touring wheel!

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
i think this has to be one of the lamest jokes in LT. Viva la touring wheel!
Well, it's not really a joke.

The Touring Package had nothing to do with tires, wheels, or suspension. The standard wheels are just that.

Unfortunately, over time, things like this (calling the wheels Touring) can become common, and confusing. Years from now when people are trying to determine the right parts, configuration, etc. it will be all confusing. I've seen it with other cars, and it can be very frustrating to a lot of people.

On the other hand, not everybody bought the Touring Pack, and some of us prefer it that way. Pointing it out started the thwacking, and it's been a long running joke (and there is usually truth in humor).

So... Here's you thwack: :thwack:

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Glad you're well, Tim.
Not exactly well - at least according to my wife if you consider my mental condition. :D

It wasn't serious surgery, but they had to work on some veins in my arm, so my arm was pretty useless for a while. It's actually aching just from the effort of typing this. But other than that, I'm back to normal (whatever that is)...

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bump, I'm still looking for local offers.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts