The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Considering selling my Elise. One of the few (<30) '06s with Limited Slip Differential plus a pretty rare color combo (used in Edmund's / Inside Line photos) that really accentuates her curves. No hard top since it has the lined touring soft top, and I never missed it. No great hurry; but it's not easy resisting temptation to supercharge it with a Lotus 240 kit and go ASP with coil-overs and 275/15sF/285/18sR. More likely it's time to swap the Elise for something that'll tow my 420 RWHP S2000 turbo so I can go get mauled by Strelnieks's 3-rotor RX7 Turbo in SM2. Yippee. Specs are highlighted below...

2006 Lotus Elise
  • Canyon Red / metallic paint upgrade, black leather interior
  • Sport Package (LSS springs/shocks/wheels, second oil cooler, etc.)
  • Touring Package (Leather seating / door panels, thermal/sound lined top, extra sound deadening, upgraded audio, etc.)
  • Limited Slip Differential
  • Traction Control
  • Star Shield (rock guard / clear bra coating on nose, rockers, mirrors)
  • Orig owner, ~11K miles, always garaged, no collisions, clean CarFax, adult-owned / non-smoker, all records
  • Upgraded speakers, concealed heater core bypass switch, extended front mud flaps (I can remove & replace with original parts if desired; no holes have been drilled)
Asking $37K, serious offers only please.

More pics available by clicking this link

Best,
Stanford

·
Registered
839 Posts
Stan, sorry to see you are putting your Elise on the market. I saw it recently (a couple months ago?) and had no idea it had ~9,500 miles, as it looks virtually brand new. Anyone looking for a well maintained example with LSS and LSD won't find one in better shape. Good luck with the marketing.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Stan, sorry to see you are putting your Elise on the market. I saw it recently (a couple months ago?) and had no idea it had ~9,500 miles, as it looks virtually brand new. Anyone looking for a well maintained example with LSS and LSD won't find one in better shape. Good luck with the marketing.
+1. I've seen this car in person and it's beautiful. Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I really appreciate the kind words & support for the car. A little sad to sell it, but I'm hoping I can tag along to some Lotus functions in my S2000T.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
LSD was an option on the 2006 model year. TC was standard (correction: I just checked press materials and it was shown an a standalone option at $495, and LSD bundled with TC was $1,790).

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
This car is immaculate and Stan is very careful with his cars. Sad to see my twin go to a new home as well.

·
Registered
438 Posts
That is exactly what I am looking for after graduation in May, if its still around then you will have a very interested person, but I am sure you will have it gone by then, good luck with your sale.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
This car is nice, just like my twin except he has the added benefits of LSD/TC. Stan treats his cars very well, it would be a great pick up.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks guys! Really nice of you to vouch for the ride. I'm around this weekend and can send you my phone # if you PM me.

Best,
Stanford

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Deal pending; feel sad to put her in the garage one last time before getting the call to go drop off with the hauler service.

Argh. Gotta find a GF who'll go in halvsies on a CSP/SM2 NC MX5, Factory 5 Cobra or Ariel Atom someday (not holding my breath...)

Stanford

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Sold, to the kind gentleman in PA. Car loaded up on the truck just now.

breinhar, thanks for your patience through the transaction, and very best of luck to you. The FedEx trailer was a first-class setup and she's in very good hands.

Best,
Stanford

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Congrats to both of you!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts