The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Tragically, our '06 Elise, pre-ordered and bought new from Fox Valley (Lambo Chicago) was involved in a heavy front end crash 2 weeks ago. 24K, drivetrain intact, stageII, all records/receipts, clear title in hand.` Chrome Orange with black valance/wheels. Passenger front wheel/suspension gone - not driveable.
This car was a keeper for a lifetime - we are gutted for this awful event.
The vehicle is in my garage in Milwaukee. I can help arrange transport, inspection, or addl pics. Asking $6K. [email protected] or 614 284 9400 Michael Z

Attachments

·
Carbon Fiber
1,637 Posts
I bet if u would part it out u would make more friends and money,

Just saying doubt it's rebuildable so can't see what else u could really do with it.

·
give me my second cam!
438 Posts
I am surprised the parts vultures have not attacked this yet! Seriously, Fist hammer is right. You might make more money than your asking price to take more time to part it out unless its just too painfull and that I can understand..believe me. And sorry for your loss and I hope you get another one.

·
LotusCars.us
218 Posts
Tragically, our '06 Elise, pre-ordered and bought new from Fox Valley (Lambo Chicago) was involved in a heavy front end crash 2 weeks ago. 24K, drivetrain intact, stageII, all records/receipts, clear title in hand.` Chrome Orange with black valance/wheels. Passenger front wheel/suspension gone - not driveable.
This car was a keeper for a lifetime - we are gutted for this awful event.
The vehicle is in my garage in Milwaukee. I can help arrange transport, inspection, or addl pics. Asking $6K. [email protected] or 614 284 9400 Michael Z
Sorry for your loss. I'll buy the rubber stopper for the inside of the fuel/gas cap. Mine is missing for some reason! :confused:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you Lotus community. I may have a buyer among us for the car. My injuries and ties to the car are such that I can't bear to part him out.
Since March 06, when we picked this car up we have loved it every day. We hope to get the new elise/exige once dealers begin taking orders. Nothing can replace this great car though.

·
LotusCars.us
218 Posts
Thank you Lotus community. I may have a buyer among us for the car. My injuries and ties to the car are such that I can't bear to part him out.
Since March 06, when we picked this car up we have loved it every day. We hope to get the new elise/exige once dealers begin taking orders. Nothing can replace this great car though.
Were you physically injured in the accident? :(

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Story- 42F and light rain, MKE downtown drawbridges withe parallel steel strips, loss of traction/steering grip, concrete pole. I was not cited in the crash. We normally never drove the car in such conditions, but the precipitation was unexpected. The EMT team was shocked the car offered such robust protection to the occupants - I tried to explain the engineering, construction, and crashworthiness to them. but ended up going into shock.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ended up with a broken hand, broken ankle/leg. Spouse had multiple internal injuries - both required surgeries. Combined 20 days in hospital. We are home recovering now, missing out on the short WI race and motorbike season.

·
LotusCars.us
218 Posts
I ended up with a broken hand, broken ankle/leg. Spouse had multiple internal injuries - both required surgeries. Combined 20 days in hospital. We are home recovering now, missing out on the short WI race and motorbike season.
That's horrible! Glad you two are okay though~

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I am sorry about you losing the car but it is good to hear that is all that was lost. If you are waiting for Lotus to start selling them in the US again you might want to get a used one first to hold you over for the next however many years it takes them to do it if they ever do. Passing safety requirements in the US is neither cheap or fast. I wonder if FVMC still has that new Burnt Orange Exige in their showroom for sale. It was a nice looking car.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I am sorry about you losing the car but it is good to hear that is all that was lost. If you are waiting for Lotus to start selling them in the US again you might want to get a used one first to hold you over for the next however many years it takes them to do it if they ever do. Passing safety requirements in the US is neither cheap or fast. I wonder if FVMC still has that new Burnt Orange Exige in their showroom for sale. It was a nice looking car.
Very true, I think it make that old 06 be a bad memory.. Prayers for recovery is swift

·
Super Moderator
5,453 Posts
Sorry to hear about the accident and your injuries - relieved to hear you are both home and recovering!

All the best for full recoveries and a return to a new Lotus! Keep the good memories of the car that did its best to keep you Safe!! :up:

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Out of curiosity, what tires were on the car?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi all, I have a number of interested parties, one deposit as part of a serious offer/deal. I will respond with updates later this week. Thanks to all for your interest & support.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Car is off to KC, to a fellow member.

All-
Many thanks for years of meaningful information that gave my family the opportunity to spec, order, and own such a milestone of a car.

We look forward to our next Lotus with the forthcoming new generation from Hethel.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts