The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 311 Posts

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
congrats on getting this pulled together. i didn't see it mentioned in the other thread, so here's another question: how much force is required to turn the fasteners? can you easily manipulate them by hand with a stubby screwdriver?

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
congrats on getting this pulled together. i didn't see it mentioned in the other thread, so here's another question: how much force is required to turn the fasteners? can you easily manipulate them by hand with a stubby screwdriver?
Yes, put it this way, my wife got the fasteners off with the stubby screwdriver that comes in a BMW tool kit. They are extremely smooth and easy to turn.

·
Registered
239 Posts
PM sent.

Dave

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Alright Alex, bring a set out to BW coming up!

Ive seen a demonstration. These things held up over, what three track days? They came off with a simple twist of a screw driver. I got a video of them in use, but Im out of town for a couple of weeks. Promise to get it loaded for everyone to see. Pretty simple and will save you plenty of time once they are installed.

Looking forward to getting these.

Doug

·
Registered
377 Posts
Me too - PM sent.

Jerry

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have replied to all PMs. I will bring several sets to BW. If you didn't receive a reply from me, I didn't get your PM.

·
Registered
378 Posts
PM sent.

·
Registered
377 Posts
PM Sent - Again

Jerry

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
are the screws and all hardware stainless steel?
other then the mentioned plastic washers?

Q

·
0 Posts
Any photos of the whole set taken from underneath (so you can see how it looks as a whole)?

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I will put pictures of the components on sunday. I am not sure what the metal is but they do not rust. They were made to be on the underside of a car.

qball,
It is extremely hard for me to get a complete underpanel pic because I do not have a lift.

1 - 20 of 311 Posts