The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD

I used this set of Rota wheels with RA1's for HPDE track days in my Elise and loved them... they just kept going and going after dozens of heat cycles. Mounted a fresh set of tires then never used them again, so I'm selling the set for $700 OBO. Shipping will be from Baltimore 21075. At that price you are getting the wheels for free.

Wheel details:
Rota Slipstreams in black, used (but never on the street so no curb rash); fronts are 15 x (either 6.5 or 7, I can't recall) and the rears are 16 x (either 7.5 or 8, does anyone remember what sizes they made these in?)

Tire details:
Toyo RA1 competition DOT tires, new - zero heat cycles; fronts are 225/45/15 and the rears are 245/45/16. I had Joe from TreadZone shave them to 3/32nds before he shipped them to me because on my last set I simply never wore them out - he said they'd last longer this way.

On the attached pic of the wheels in front of my Elise you can see what they look like as compared to my 16/17 Hoosier setup which was mounted on the car. The overall diameter is almost exactly the same so the rake etc is all good.

Attachments

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Why 15/16?

For those who aren't in the loop about this tire & wheel package, many of us track junkies went to a 15/16 staggered setup so we could run the Toyo RA1 tire, which was/is not available in the right 16/17 sizes. Yes, these tires are that good, plus the package is lighter than many 16/17 combos. Fits fine on all Elises and Exiges as long as you don't have the big brake kit, which IIRC require a 16" front wheel.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'll take these if Totus doesn't.

-John

·
Registered
378 Posts
Hi Totus; I remember 15 by 7 front, 16 by 8 rear, and offsets that bring the tires out perfectly in line with my bodywork. Have had them around 4 years, and really like them!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've sent out a couple of shipping quotes but no one has confirmed yet so they are still available.

FYI for shipping estimate purposes the fronts weigh 38 lbs each (wheel & tire combined) and the rears are 45 lbs each (again, combined weight) and shipping is from:

7443 Washington Blvd
Elkridge, MD 21075

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
btw, with Rotas, the wheel width is written on the inside of the wheel (in the center, between the lug holes). You should see 1680, and 1570, that would indicate 15x7 (15in, x 7in) and 16in by 8in. It also has the offset. You may have to wipe off some of the dust to see it.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
WHEELS SOLD

The first person to pay my asking price + the full shipping quote and then actually send money after receiving the quote got them.

If anyone else is looking for a smoking hot deal on an enclosed trailer see here:
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f16...trailer-super-light-cheap-185874/#post2593058
No, I'm not selling my track monster Elise, I'm just clearing out some stuff I don't need anymore as we begin to plan our assault on Targa Newfoundland 2014.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts