The Lotus Cars Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Edit 8-26-20 This is no longer available as it is being listed on BAT.
Excellent condition in pistachio green (new paint in rare original factory color). Big valve engine, possibly equipped with the special cams from the factory (according to the Wilkins book and previous owner), stainless exhaust, CV joints, fuel cell, electric fuel pump with inertia switch, galvanized Lotus chassis, Panasport wheels, fire extinguisher, Pertronix ignition, seat belts with inertia reels, LED daytime running lights, electric headlamp motor, factory shop manual, indoor cover, trickle charger, numerous spares including Pertronix, fuel pump (original mechanical pump and spare electric pump), headlight motor and shift knob. Colin Chapman signed steering wheel. Located in Houston. Contact [email protected]

·
Administrator
1,446 Posts
Gorgeous! GLWS

·
Registered
474 Posts
I didn't even know there was one of these in Houston. I would be calling you up if it weren't for the fact that I am not currently in Houston; stuck out of the country until my company clears me for travel. Why the foam over the radiator? vibration?

·
Registered
1972 Lotus Elan Sprint
26 Posts
The foam seals between the hood and the top of the rad, hopefully forcing the incoming air through (rather than around) the rad. The other edges are sealed with baffles.

Very attractive Elan - GLWS!

·
Registered
474 Posts
I guess I never noticed the foam before. I only saw a Europa once before I bought one. I have only seen one Elan as well. Does this have the DB CV conversion or the original rotoflex?

I am stuck in Norway but my home base is Houston. I am hoping to get back this fall. If you are still looking to sell I will give you a ring.

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Stunning Elan Sprint! Best of luck with the sale. My S3 Elan Super Safety is under restoration right now. I hope it turns out as beautiful as yours.

Who ever buys this car will be delighted.

·
Registered
474 Posts
@tbsmith Bummer, I come back from overseas in mid-September. I guess this will be the one that got away.

·
Administrator
1,446 Posts
closed

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.