The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ASKING PRICE: $14,000

I'm selling my beautifull little TT TWSTR. I've had her about 2 years now, and I'm ready to move on to something new.

OWNERS:

There have been 3 owners:
  1. Owner 1 was a LED light installer. They set this up as their demo car (see interior photos below), and put only a few miles on the car. They kept it in their showroom for 6 months, then sold it.

2. Owner 2, Jim, was a retired Navy pilot, and he kept the TT in like-new condition for 5 years. It was his 2nd car, and was garage-kept. Jim is also an avid autocrosser in the LV region, and races his Lola regularly (the Audi was only used for street driving).

3. Owner 3 is me. I'm a 34 y/o professional. I use it as my daily driver, but I park it in a garage at work, so it's covered all day.

MAINTENANCE:

All maintenance have been done on schedule, and I have all the invoices. New Mobil 1 synthetic every oil change. This vehicle has been impeccably maintained, and is in perfect mechanical condition.

The original engine developed an intermittent knock, and the lower end was replaced under warranty by an Audi dealership at 50k miles. I have all the documentation of the engine replacement. Currently, there are 103k miles on the car. The new engine has about 53k miles on it, and has not had a single issue.

Following is from the previous owner in an email he sent me on 07/06/2008.
Jim (Previous Owner) said:
Audi replaced the clutch trying to get rid of a intermittent "knock" at about 45k miles. The knock came back at 50073 miles (just after the warranty was up) and they swapped the whole lower-end which included the water pump and timing belt! The Audi mech, Caesar, had done all the services and Audi picked up the whole bill! So the top end is the original piece, the bottom has 55k or so. The belts should go for a while.
I can put interested parties in contact with Jim for further inquiries.

MODS:

All mechanical and suspension mods were professionally installed by an Audi dealership.

Engine/Turbo:
Al bolt-ons for daily-drivable performance. Nothing too crazy, i.e. the block has never been opened. This TT makes probably around 270hp (never dynoed). It's very quick.
Suspension:
This TT has some great suspension mods, and is perfectly balanced. It corners amazingly well - better than any other TT I've ever seen.
Electronics:
  • Alpine head-unit w/ iPod integration. Professionally installed. The iPod connects and stores in the compartment in front of the shifter. 60gb ipod included (The iPod has a broken screen, but works fine on the car, because you can browse songs from the head unit.)
  • 8-point Blue LED lighting throughout the cabin - very professional clean execution. These lights have an on/off switch. (Don't pick on me... I didn't have them put in!!!)
  • Hardwired for Valentine One - the V1 mounts right by the rear-view mirror, and wires are all tucked away, nice and clean. Turns on and off with ignition. V1 not included.
Aesthetics:
  • Smoked corner lenses (not installed)
  • 3.2 rear valence
  • Osir key fob mod
  • 5% tints all around

The price includes everything listed above except the Valentine 1.

ISSUES:

The car has a little wear-and-tear. Driver's seat is in good condition, but shows some wear. There are some minor dents, dings, and chips that could be expected in a car of this age, two wheels have some curbage, I lost one of the centercaps, and a couple other minor things. It's not a show car, but is a very nice daily driver. Mechanically, the car is perfect. It's great fun to drive!

PICS:

Following are a few pics about a year old. Will get more when I can.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
so what are you moving on to????

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Would love another Lotus. I've contacted a few people here already about their FS. Also considering a Jeep Wrangler JK 4-doormaybe a Hummer H1 + a cheap DD, a Viper, Z06, or maybe (don't make fun, please) a Prowler. :D

Haven't really decided yet. If I sell the TT tomorrow, I'll probably jump into a Jeep. :shrug: Nice summer car. :)

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
I've been in this car a couple of times ! Looked to be very well taken care of ....not abused.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Nah, you can't sell the Europa because it's a Europa!!! :D -poke-
But....... it's a ZETEC Europa.... almost one of a kind....... and it's running !! and stopping !

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bump for new price, also update on info about the engine. It never failed... it only developed an intermittent knock, and only the lower end was replaced. Belts (timing belt) and water pump also replaced.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts