1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

2001 LOTUS ELISE MOTORSPORT

FORMER LOTUS MOTORSPORT BUILT CENTER SEAT RACE CAR
CONVERTED TO RIGHT HAND DRIVE FOR STREET USE IN THE UK
DOCUMENTATION FROM NEW
LASER BLUE WITH LOTUS MOTORSPORT DECALS
ONLY 4,200 MILES FROM NEW
FIRST DATE OF REGISTRATION: 09/2003 (in the UK)
FULL MOTORSPORT ROLL CAGE
ROVER "K" SERIES VHPD 190HP ENGINE WITH LUMINATION THROTTLE BODY FUEL INJECTION
STAGE 3 HEAD, REMAPPED EMERALD ECU
CARBON FIBER AIR INTAKE
190 VHPD RACING EXHAUST WITH CAT REPLACEMENT PIPE
CLOSE RATIO GEARBOX WITH TORQUE BIAS TRANSMISSION
FULL MOTORSPORT CLUTCH
KONI ADJUSTABLE RACE SHOCKS
AP BRAKES
TOP MOUNTED OIL COOLER
BLUE SILICONE COOLANT HOSES
MOMO QUICK RELEASE STEERING WHEEL
BLUE/BLACK CORBEAU SPORTS SEATS
COMPETITION CAM-LOCK SEAT BELTS
CARBON FIBER DOOR TRIMS, DASH POD AND CONSOLE
B&M SHIFTER
ALLOY WINDOW WINDERS
ALARM SYSTEM
NICE!
NOT STREET LEGAL IN THE USA.
$39,900 ...........REDUCED TO $31,900

HAYES 772-299-9788 More Lotus at wirewheel.com - Wire Wheel Classic Sports Cars

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Is this a Motorsport car or an Exige with Motorsport bits? Clams are Exige, wheels are Exige, wing is Exige, roof panel is Exige, motor is Exige (Motorsport cars had 205hp motor). I see it does have a cage and oil cooler mounted like a Motorsport car. Does it have the Motorsport brake package (4-pots up front)? I see a handbrake, so can't be the stock Motorsport brake set-up.

Interesting car.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Is this a Motorsport car or an Exige with Motorsport bits? Clams are Exige, wheels are Exige, wing is Exige, roof panel is Exige, motor is Exige (Motorsport cars had 205hp motor). I see it does have a cage and oil cooler mounted like a Motorsport car. Does it have the Motorsport brake package (4-pots up front)? I see a handbrake, so can't be the stock Motorsport brake set-up.

Interesting car.
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f94/2000-motorsport-elise-69418/

Same car that was for sale here....

Maybe Wirewheel can answer as to why it is more now then it was then? Were there upgrades done to it?

·
Vendor
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This car started life as a Motorsports chassis. As the ad states, it was coverted for road use in 2003 by a Lotus dealer in the UK. I have all of the documentation for this.
This car no longer has many of the Motorsport racing parts, such as the larger AP brakes, 205 HP engine, Stack dash, Dynamic shocks, etc.
It even has some of the Exige body panels, but the letter from Lotus Cars states that this was a Motorsport chassis.
We do have several full Motorsport spec cars in our inventory: wirewheel.com - Wire Wheel Classic Sports Cars
This car would make an excellent track day car for someone who want to spend a bit less than the cost of a full Lotus Motorsport spec car. There is currently a black Motorsport Elise listed on eBay Motors for $70,000!
The S1 Elise/Exige, weighs about 400 pounds less than the US spec cars, so they are able to handle, brake, and perform better, with less power.
They don't have A/C, air bags, and the Rover engine is about 100 pounds lighter than the Toyota unit.
I'm sorry if I misled anyone into thinking that this car is somethng that it isn't. I think the listing for the car expains exactly what it is and the current specifications of this Lotus.
Please feel free to send me any questions or comments.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts