The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm the 2nd owner of this beautiful car. Purchased from BMW of Houston North in March of 03. Before me, the car was owned by the boxer and lean mean griller himself George Foreman. Can provide paperwork to prove it. Always a fun little tidbit to tell people. :) I've had the car over 5 years now and ready for a change.

2001 BMW M3 (E46) Laguna Seca Blue with Grey interior and Black trim

Factory installed options:
  • Premium Package (leather, sunroof, power seats, etc)
  • Cold Weather Package (heated seats)
  • Harmon Kardon Sound
  • Xeon headlights
  • Width-adjustable power front seat backrests with 4-way lumbar support
After market mods:
  • Vorsteiner CSL CF Diffuser -- This piece retails for $700-$1000 I believe plus paint which was about $200-$300
  • Hamann Fog Inserts
  • Ice-Link Ipod adapter -- allows control of Ipod thru steering wheel
  • 2 12" Eclipse SWS6123DV Subs, Eclipse PA4212 amp, Custom Enclosure -- All work done by Custom Sounds of St Louis. Think cost was around $1200
  • Toyo Proxy T1-S 245/40/18F 275/35/18R
  • 35% Tint
  • Painted Reflectors
  • ///M3 Headrest Decals
  • Hoen foglights
  • ///M3 License Plate Frame
  • Wheel locks

Extra freebies:
  • Original OEM Diffuser in perfect condition
  • Original Harmon Kardon subwoofer
  • Lambs-wool driver and passenger seat covers
  • Floor mats and winter weather mats

All service/maintenance has been professionally performed on time. It will be due for an oil change in 3000 miles or so. Car is in excellent condition for a 2001. I'm constantly getting compliments on its condition and is usually mistaken for a much newer car. This car makes heads turn. Garage kept.

Accident History...Thanks to the crazy drivers in CA.
1. Rear ended at a slow speed while I was stopped. Bumper just needed a touch up of the paint. Professionally done by a body shop in Huntington Beach, CA. I can dig up the name if needed.
2. Passenger front corner was hit when a guy came into my lane without looking. All work done at same body shop mentioned in #1. All NEW OEM BMW parts were used. This repair was done properly without repairing damaged parts or using replicas.
Integrity of car was not affected in any way.

The m3forum.net forum members of St Louis and SOCAL have seen my car in person and can vouch for the car and myself. Car is currently in St Louis, MO. If I do not sell it before I move, then it will follow me back to Orange County CA.

Yesterday the car was washed, clay bar-ed, washed again, and waxed. The following pictures were then taken. More can be found here. Please PM me if you have any questions.

Just for fun :)

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Are you sure it wasn't owned by one of his 5 sons as all of their names are George Foreman? That would be even a "funner" fact.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you sure it wasn't owned by one of his 5 sons as all of their names are George Foreman? That would be even a "funner" fact.
Nah it was the Senior not the kids :) I'm still baffled how he could fit in the car. Guess thats why it only had 800 miles on it when I got it after 2 years of use.

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Price?

xtn

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
If you had only posted this a few weeks earlier.... I would have been all over it!

(my new car)

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Many years ago, I worked for an insurance company which underwrote Mr. forman's autos. He had some very nice/interesting vehicles.

It was a nightmare to underwrite his policies, though, since he really did name all of his sons George. Hard to figure out exactly who drove what.

·
Registered
172 Posts
If it goes with you to Orange County I will have a serious discussion with you about purchasing it...........That way I could just drive it back to Washington.........driving it from MO however doesn't sound as intriguing :)

Is it still available?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yes its still available. however the replacement i was buying was sold out from under me so until i find another car i cant sell it. so it will be coming back with me to CA

·
Registered
172 Posts
That's fine.......let me know. I am in no big hurry. I have 3 vehicles anyway so would probably sell one. Give me a ring when you are ready and will talk.
Have always loved the Laguna Blue M3...........surprised you went w/ 18's. I prefer the look of the 19's.
Left you my cell in a PM
Thanks,
Dan

·
Registered
343 Posts
I used to own a 2003 M3 Laguna Seca Blue. Good luck with the sale.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts