The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
FS: Elise Track Car or Project Car

Yes, it is a 2004 Elise. This is a pre-production Elise and will be sold with a bill of sale only. It does not have a title. It is being sold as a track car.

Car is located in Nashville, TN and has 11,300 miles. It is Magnetic Blue and has standard wheels and suspension. This Elise is a base model so it has crank windows and no extra carpet or insulation. This also means it is light. It also does not have airbags.

This car was a daily driver at LCU. The car has some damage on the lower "lips" on the front clam from running over a landscape timber that fell off a truck in front of it. The front shock upper mounting holes on the chassis were stretched in this incident. The suspension arms were also bent but have been replaced. Car runs straight and handles well.

Asking $17,000. PM with questions.

Attachments

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Interior and Engine Pics

Here are some additional pics. You'll notice the plastics do not have graining like the usual Elise plastics.

Attachments

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
May I inquire how you got your hands on this car?

If its not street legal how did it run over something that fell off a truck? ;)
I wasn't driving the car when it ran over the landscape timber. It was being driven on Manufacturer Plates by someone at Lotus. Manufacturers can drive pre-production cars legally on their special plates. I bought the car after it was damaged as a track only car. Lotus sells track only cars like the Exige Cup cars and 2-11 all the time. Think of this as just like those cars.

·
Registered
7,494 Posts
Is there any possible way to get this car titled and make it street legal? I live in Nashville and will buy the car this weekend if there is a way....***fingers crossed and praying***
Probably not. The bribe you'd have to pay someone would more than make up for the difference in buying a street legal car in better shape.

What do you suppose the ECU dump would look like on this car?

·
Registered
519 Posts
I wasn't driving the car when it ran over the landscape timber. It was being driven on Manufacturer Plates by someone at Lotus. Manufacturers can drive pre-production cars legally on their special plates. I bought the car after it was damaged as a track only car. Lotus sells track only cars like the Exige Cup cars and 2-11 all the time. Think of this as just like those cars.
I figured it got damaged while doing duty in the Lotus fleet.

I do understand Lotus sells track only vehicles, but typically manufacturers do not sell pre-production cars. Very interesting. Do you know someone at Lotus? 99.9% of the time, preproduction cars are sent to the crusher.

Cool piece of Elise history...

1 - 20 of 43 Posts