The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For sale is my beautiful 2005 Elise in chrome orange. I don't drive it nearly enough and I'm ready for a new daily driver.

Price is $29,000. I have a clear and clean title. Never any accidents or body damage.

Just passed 46,000 miles. I put in a new oil filter and changed the oil with Mobil 1 5W-40 in early August. Ready to hit the streets and enjoy the best driving months of the year.

This is a touring pack car, soft top only. Everything works and everything runs as it should. This car is really well sorted and has been thoroughly enjoyed and is ready to be enjoyed for many more years. It was tracked once, it's been on the Tail of the Dragon, and yet it looks so good, it won a trophy for best import at the Redskins Rides car show several years back, besting several expensive exotics.

The car has been left stock as it left the factory, save for when I painted the shift pattern on the shifter knob orange and black.

Always garaged, at home and when I drive to work on nice Fridays. Stored in the winter under a car cover in my garage.

The front tires (OEM Yokohama Advan Neova AD07) have been on the car since I bought it in 2011 and have good tread. They're fine as is, unless you're planning on hitting the track right away. The rears (same tires) are 5 years old but only have 6,000 miles on them and have good tread depth. Wheels show no curb rash at all.

Lotus oil line recall and ECU VIN recall were performed in April 2013.

The battery was replaced in August 2015. There is a battery cutoff switch which allows you to turn off the battery when you won't be driving it for several days (or the entire winter). It is an awesome addition.

According to a CarFax, I am the fifth owner. I have all service records for me and the previous owner (he bought it in 2009 with 13,000 miles on it and sold it to me 2 years later with 37,000 miles on it).

The paint is in terrific condition. The front Starshield looks great. The Starshield behind the rear wheels show the usual minor road wear, but you need to be up close to see it. The body is completely free of cracks or damage, including the front winglets.

The only "story" is that the driver's side headlight cover is held on by double sided tape. When I had my oil line recall done, the technician cracked the perches that screw into the body. They agreed that they would fix this, but I dawdled and then the dealership closed down. Bottom line is, the headlight cover is on tight and has never fallen off or even moved. I forgot all about it until I had to adjust my headlight beams last spring. I do have the two metal clips that the screws go through if you want to buy a new headlight cover.

Includes original tool pouch with wheel lock key and allen wrenches, owner's manual, and two keyfobs and keys (the rubber strap on one of the keyfobs snapped and is secured with electrical tape -- this is the backup set).

For six years this has been a car that puts a smile on my face every time I drive it. Now it can be yours.

For fastest response, call or text 703 939 7517.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts