The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!
  • Notice image
    Reminder! You're responsible for closing your listing when your item is sold/found/traded - when doing so please select SOLD or FOUND. If you post phone numbers and emails in your ad, your listing will be deleted (this is for your personal protection). If posting a Want to Buy please be sure you have picked the correct listing type from the three selections, ie., Want to Buy - not For Sale or For Trade. Thanks for reading!
Status
Not open for further replies.

FS: 2005 Elise Chrome Orange

7K views 25 replies 8 participants last post by  oldmansan 
#1 · (Edited)
Offered for sale is a 2005 Elise, Chrome Orange with factory Touring Package. I acquired the car in October 2018, and am the second owner. I believe the car was originally titled in AZ. I am selling the car because of a change in my situation. I purchased the car with 18,792 miles, and it currently has 20,405 miles. Clean title. Non-smoking owner. Garage kept. Since I acquired the car, it has been maintained by William Thomas Roadsters. Bill Thomas is a well-respected authority for Lotus, and I am fortunate that he is about an hour from my home. He performed all of the major mechanical upgrades on this car, howeverI purchased the car with a Fujita intake and a Quicksilver stainless steel exhaust, both done by the original owner. Bill did a full inspection after I took ownership, and his inspection included assessment of the cam shafts; no wear detected. Since I’ve owned this car, it has been used for fun driving and 5 HPDE events. The car is located in southern NJ, 20 minutes from Philadelphia. Here are the details.

Exterior: Excellent condition, few minor chips on driver door and scattered flecks from road debris. These areas occurred before my ownership. I have close-up pics of these areas. The following exterior upgrades have been performed:
1. Xpel paint protection film (full exterior coverage)
2. ceramic coating
3. Reverie carbon fiber floor extenders
4. Inokinetic boomerang rear tow hook
5. GB Composites carbon fiber gas filler cap
6. GRP front tow hook
7. Osport carbon fiber radiator exit ducts

Inerior: Excellent condition. No tears in seats. No stains. The following interior upgrades have been performed:
1. GRP carbon fiber door panels
2. Inokinetic metal floor buttons
3. Inokinetic rubber floor mats
4. GRP cup/phone holder

Brakes: Installed Ultra disk rotors and hats with G-Lock brake pads, front and rear. Brake fluid replacement with Castrol SRF. This work was done November 2018 by Bill Thomas.

Electrical: Sector 111 battery mount and cut off controller. Odyssey battery. Battery was installed November 2018 by Bill Thomas

Engine: No engine issues. Cams were inspected by Bill Thomas in November 2018. The following upgrades have been performed:
1. Fujita inkake
2. Inokinetic baffled oil pan
3. Inokinetic catch cans

Exhaust: The stock exhaust was replaced by original owner, Quicksilver stainless steel unit, exit below the diffuser

Suspension: Suspension work was done by Bill Thomas in November 2018. The following upgrades were performed:
1. Nitron 3-way adjustable suspension
2. Inokinetic front adjustable sway bar links
3. Inokinetic toe link bracing kit
4. V2 Motorsports reduced camber steering arms
5. Alignment and corner balance

Wheels/Tires: Stock wheels, no curb damage; new Toyo Proxes R888R installed at time of listing

Transmission: The shift cables and shifter assembly were replaced by Bill Thomas in November 2018 with the Inokinetic Sector 111 shifter assembly. Transaxle fluid was drained and replaced with Amsoil Racing oil.

Miscellaneous: The following items are also installed on the car:
1. GRP hydraulic trunk lid strut kit
2. Motorsport hardware wheel stud kit

I have the original door panels, floor mats, radiator exit ducts, and fuel filler door, which I will include in the sale.

In addition the the above items, I also have the following items, which are new, still in shipping containers. I had intended to install these items, but did not have an opportunity. These items are available for purchase in addition to the sale of the car.

1. Two Tillet Racing carbon fiber B6 “Screamer” seats, each with mounting hardware. I have back and bottom dynica cusions, embroidered in orange diamond pattern, and the Tillet headrest logo is also in orange stitching.
2. Schroth 6 point PROFI II ASM harnesses
3. Inokinetic V-Force harness bar
4. Inokinetic SYSPACK floor mount for harness anti-submarine belts
5. Inokinetic harness hardware kit

I am asking $52,000 for the car, which includes all installed upgrades, and original door panels, floor mats, radiator exit ducts, and fuel filler door. I am willing to include the Tillet seats, Schroth harnesses, Inokinetic harness bar and harness hardware for an additional $4,350.00. Otherwise, I will offer those items for sale individually after the car is sold.

I can be reached at the following email: r.harvey2@comcast.net

Multiple additional pics of the car, Tillet seats, Schroth harnesses, harness bar, and harness hardware are available here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1QhoGzxs8bBkKDWUaE9YH6OZjWAy3mAFx?usp=sharing

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
This car shows just beautifully! Not only is it a mint condition, gorgeous Chrome Orange Elise but it is upgraded with some excellent performance mods.

- Nitron Triple Adjustable Coilovers
- UltraDisc Rotors/ super grippy GLock track pads
-Catch cans/Baffled Oil Pan
- nice Carbon Fiber touches
-Bill Thomas serviced- Bill is an excellent service tech.

I spoke with the seller because I would like to alert a friend in NY about this car. Seller is a straightforward, honest guy. If I was looking for a clean 05 Chrome Orange, low mileage Elise I would be seriously interested in this car!

GLWS!

Scott R
Colorado

#4 ·
Car is still available
Asking price reduced to $50,000.00

#5 ·
seats, harnesses, harness bar, and associated hardware have been sold
car is still available

#6 ·
price drop to $48,000.00

#7 ·
price is reduced to $47,000.00. The upgrades included in the sale were more than $12,000.00 for parts alone, which does not include labor costs Total costs for these upgrades including shipping charges and labor are more than $17,000.00. This vehicle is an excellent value for an entry-level track car, but still retains full drivability on the street.

#8 ·
price lowered to $45,500.00

#10 ·
the seats/harnesses/harness bar have already sold. I was intending to include the original gas cap in the sale of the car.
thanks for your interest.

#11 ·
price lowered to $43,500

#12 ·
Still available. Price drop to $42,000

#13 · (Edited)
Car is still available at asking price of $42,000.00.

I am willing to drop the price to $39,000.00 but in doing so, I would remove the following upgraded items and replace with stock parts:

GRP hydraulic trunk lid strut kit
Reverie carbon fiber floor extenders
Inokinetic boomerang rear tow hook
carbon fiber gas filler cap
GRP front tow hook
Sport carbon fiber radiator exit ducts
GRP carbon fiber door panels
Inokinetic carpet buttons
GRP cup holder
Inokinetic floor mats
Motorsport hardware wheel stud kit
Nitron 3-way adjustable suspension

The following items would remain on the car because I am not able to remove them and replace with stock parts:
Ultra Disc rotors and hats with brake pads
Sector 111 battery mount/cut off
Inokinetic baffled oil pan
Inokinetic catch cans
Inokinetic front adjustable sway bar links
Inokinetic toe link bracing kit
V2 steering arms
Sector 111 shifter assembly

These items are less than one year old.

#15 ·
OK. When the parts are off the car, I’ll let you know. Thanks

#16 ·
car still available, asking $39,000.00 with stock suspension, Ultra Disc rotors, Inokinetic baffled oil pan, Inokinetic catch cans, Inokinetic shifter assembly, upgraded sway bar links, toe link bracing kit, steering arms. If potential buyer wants the Nitron 3-way suspension, we can negotiate a price for that installed on the car. Otherwise, I intend to sell the suspension separately.

#21 ·
Josif don’t let the distance be a factor and pass on a nice Elise. I bought mine sight unseen from New Hampshire, I’m in Texas. I also shipped it on an open trailer, top level and everything went flawlessly.

I’ll be more than happy to share my experience with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#18 ·
it can be shipped via enclosed trailer if you’re interested...

#20 ·
thanks for the endorsement!!

#23 ·
Updated photos are attached. Car still available for $39,000.00 with following comments:

Exterior: Xpel paint protection film (full coverage) and ceramic coating (applied in December 2018) ($6,000.00 in upgrades)

Inerior: Excellent condition. No tears in seats. No stains.

Brakes: Installed Ultra disk rotors and hats with G-Lock brake pads, front and rear. Brake fluid replacement with Castrol SRF in November 2018. ($1,950 in upgrades)

Electrical: Sector 111 battery mount and cut off controller. Odyssey battery. Battery installed November 2018. ($250.00 in upgrades)

Engine: The following upgrades have been performed: ($800.00 in upgrades for the oil pan and catch can; intake was performed by previous owner)
1. Fujita inkake
2. Inokinetic baffled oil pan
3. Inokinetic catch cans

Exhaust: The stock exhaust was replaced with Quicksilver stainless steel unit, exit below the diffuser (installed by previous owner)

Suspension: The following upgrades were performed: ($540.00 in upgrades)
1. Inokinetic front adjustable sway bar links
2. Inokinetic toe link bracing kit
3. V2 Motorsports reduced camber steering arms

Transmission: The shift cables and shifter assembly were replaced in November 2018 with the Inokinetic Sector 111 shifter assembly. Transaxle fluid was drained and replaced with Amsoil Racing oil. ($1,835.00 in upgrades)

This car is a great value when considering the upgrades that are included in the sale. Also included are corner-balancing and alignment, and four new Toyo Proxes R888R tires. Mileage remains at 20,400.

#24 ·
additional pics:

#25 ·
Hi all. Just to notify the board that this car has sold. I appreciate the interest I’ve received regarding this sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.