The Lotus Cars Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, up for sale is my 2005 Lotus Elise. Starlight Black with black interior. I am the 2nd owner, we both took meticulous care of this car. It has ~32.4k miles. It has the sport package, soft top only plus the top insulation from a touring car. Recalls done. I purchased the car 4 years ago. Oil changed annually regardless of miles. Always garaged. I have done only one autocross with it, previous owner only drove it on the road also. I am not in a rush to sell but I think it is time to move on to a new toy and let someone else enjoy this amazing car.

• Brand new Yokohama Advans on the rear, fronts were new last year
  • Stage II exhaust (down firing). I will include original muffler should you wish to make it stock again
  • Sector111 GyroDisc floating rotors. I will include the stock rotors also.
  • Blaupunkt head unit with Bluetooth
  • Car cover
  • Replaced star shield 3 years ago
VIN: SCCPC11165HL34754. Clean title. I have the Carfax. No accidents.

Asking $33,000

Andre
863-514-9686 (text)
motofreak2772 at gmail.com

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Is my price too high or are buyers hard to come by with the virus situation right now? I haven't received any interest other than some unwanted trades as of now.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Uncertainty about stock market and jobs will reduce number of folks willing to buy a car. I had every intention of selling my Miata when I purchased my Elise two months ago. Instead I'm going to add a lift to my garage so I can store the Miata inside. I figure the loss of fair market value on the Miata due to corona-virus is a subsidy towards buying a lift.

·
Administrator
1,551 Posts
Financial insecurity, massive layoffs, still winter in some parts will all contribute to low interest right now. Lotus unless really low priced usually take some time to move if you don't want to take a beating pricewise. Hang in there unless you need to get rid of it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm actually in the market for an Elise right now and can't seem to find the right one for me. This is a great model. I live in Atlanta. I'm not sure if its the right idea for me to post in the LTB thread...

I can't get a guy here locally to me to meet up and view his Elise for sale. The lockdown is scaring people. As it should...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm actually in the market for an Elise right now and can't seem to find the right one for me. This is a great model. I live in Atlanta. I'm not sure if its the right idea for me to post in the LTB thread...

I can't get a guy here locally to me to meet up and view his Elise for sale. The lockdown is scaring people. As it should...
Atlanta isn’t too far. If you are interested I can send video or we could do a FaceTime walk through before you come down. I am certain you will not be disappointed by the car.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had my eyes on it but I'm looking for an Elise with the touring package and a hard top. I will definitely keep this one in mind if others don't pan out.

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,598 Posts
I'm also in the market for an Elise, since you ask about the price, I think that your price is on the high side. And now with the country economic devastation even worse. It is definitely a buyer's market, prices should continue to drop in most areas and even more on luxury items. People have a lot less discretionary income right now, a lot of people losing jobs and everyone else worried about losing theirs. The mileage on your car is low for the year but average for these cars and but not having the touring package makes it less attractive to most. I like the car but not the price. I'm in Miami and willing to drive but not at that price. If you really want to sell it now, and are willing to adjust the price to the market conditions, let me know.
Wow, your first post is this?

San

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm also in the market for an Elise, since you ask about the price, I think that your price is on the high side. And now with the country economic devastation even worse. It is definitely a buyer's market, prices should continue to drop in most areas and even more on luxury items. People have a lot less discretionary income right now, a lot of people losing jobs and everyone else worried about losing theirs. The mileage on your car is low for the year but average for these cars and but not having the touring package makes it less attractive to most. I like the car but not the price. I'm in Miami and willing to drive but not at that price. If you really want to sell it now, and are willing to adjust the price to the market conditions, let me know.
Fair comment. You should message me an offer if you have one.

Outside of guys looking for a collector car the miles would be considered low. The sport package far outweighs the touring package on these cars. My spec is basically the lightest you can get. Personally I preferred the aluminum handle roll up windows when I was searching but to each his own. Plus I have the touring roof liner which is probably the most effective piece of the touring package anyways.

·
Premium Member
1,545 Posts
As your asking about price I bought my 05 Elise with 20K miles for $28.5 in fall of 2019. The market has changed substantially in the last 6 weeks and I expect it will only get worse. Prices will fall dramatically on a weekly basis. Might want to hold onto the car for another year or two unless you just want to raise cash.

·
Registered
2007 Mag Blue Elise
11 Posts
Unfortunately not in the market yet. I just joined trying to learn all about these cars to set up to get one sometime next year. That being said the level of care it looks like you've taken with this car... bravo! It looks brand new. GLWS

·
Registered
111 Posts
As your asking about price I bought my 05 Elise with 20K miles for $28.5 in fall of 2019. The market has changed substantially in the last 6 weeks and I expect it will only get worse. Prices will fall dramatically on a weekly basis. Might want to hold onto the car for another year or two unless you just want to raise cash.
Thank you for sharing, that was definitely a good buy, low miles car at a reasonable price. I wish more people was open to get feedback on prices. Anything will sell fast at the right price.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Fair comment. You should message me an offer if you have one.

Outside of guys looking for a collector car the miles would be considered low. The sport package far outweighs the touring package on these cars. My spec is basically the lightest you can get. Personally I preferred the aluminum handle roll up windows when I was searching but to each his own. Plus I have the touring roof liner which is probably the most effective piece of the touring package anyways.

·
Registered
111 Posts

San
Yes, that is my first post! It is my first post in this forum but not my first rodeo! And your point is? The seller requested sincere feedback and he didn't seem to mind my post. Actually, he asked for an offer and we are having an adult conversation.So what is your problem? Do you have anything constructive to say or ?????

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,598 Posts
Yes, that is my first post! It is my first post in this forum but not my first rodeo! And your point is? The seller requested sincere feedback and he didn't seem to mind my post. Actually, he asked for an offer and we are having an adult conversation.So what is your problem? Do you have anything constructive to say or ?????
Comments on price in a for sale ad aren't allowed unless asked for by the OP. While the OP opened the door, it still seems very rude for your first post. I believe that is constructive, and your exclamation points are not.

San

·
Registered
111 Posts

San
Been in the forum for a while but didn't have the need to post. Now that I'm ready to buy me one, finally decided to join. The seller didn't seem to mind my feedback and he requested feedback on his price. I provided my sincere opinion. Not sure about your comment.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Comments on price in a for sale ad aren't allowed unless asked for by the OP. While the OP opened the door, it still seems very rude for your first post. I believe that is constructive, and your exclamation points are not.

San
Like you said, the seller did ask for price advice, so I didn't violate a rule, I just provided my opinion. He didn't think that it was rude, we are still conversing and may be negotiating soon. Isn't that the purpose of this "classifieds" forum? To get conversations and negotiations going? The same way you are entitled to your opinion that my post was rude, I respectfully disagree with that, first post or not I was not rude, it just seem rude to you. And again that is your opinion and not a fact. Several other people are also chimming in with price advice and seem to agree with my line of thoughts.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I bought my Elise last fall from a member here. I believe your price is fair, with a bit of wiggle room for a buyer to bring it down a smidge during negotiations and feel like they are getting a deal. I would be interested in one like yours. My only caveat is modifications. In my view, if it’s been modified, it’s been driven hard, and/or I’m buying someone else’s vision. The classic “$20k invested, asking $6k” comes to mind. Modifications don’t increase resale value, just opens up to more doubt/questions. Was the work done properly or cheaply, was the car ran hard, etc.

I’m not against modifying, far from it. I have a set of exige track pack suspension, a set of Enkei RFP1 wheels, an exige wing, and a Janspeed stage 2 exhaust sitting in my basement that I may or may not eventually install. But those were my choices. Everyone wants to make the car theirs. A clean canvas will sell faster than a completed piece of art.

I would remove the exhaust and list it bone stock. Selling price will be unaffected, and will open it up to a larger demographic. My dad would not tolerate my Janspeed stage 2 exhaust and would not want one if he were shopping for another car.

You may even come out ahead, as the buyer may want to buy the exhaust during the sale of the car or you can list it on the forum separately. I have gotten the exhaust removal/install down to about 30 min.

GLWS. When my dad eventually does pull the trigger and starts looking for an Elise like mine, I’ll let him know about yours, if it’s still around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.