Approximately 18,000 miles
• DA Ohlins shocks/springs
• Touring Pack
• StarShield
• Katana supercharger kit
• 2bular exhaust
• BWR front bar
• Hardtop

I am the original owner of this early 2005 (#197), with the dual oil cooler set up. The Katana kit and Ohlins were added at 15,000. All service and work has been done by Lotus of Scottsdale, including the Katana install.

This is a great car with plenty of power and torque. The adjustable anti-sway bar from Blackwatch and double adjustable shocks from Forcedfed allow suspension tuning that optimizes handling for street or track.

The car currently has the standard wheels (not LSS), but the steering rack was replaced and set at the LSS position at 15,000 mi. The car can be purchased without the hardtop and with the LSS shocks instead of the Ohlins, at a lower price. The stock exhaust is also available. For those who are not fans of the standard wheels, I have a set of Rotas, black with polished lip and center caps that fit, that you might talk me out of.

This car spends most of its time in the garage, I work from home. The car is in very good condition with two small areas of hardly noticeable paint damage near the left door from a too friendly dog and on the right rear fender lip from a dropped tool. Pictures show both areas (not posted due to limit of 5 pictures).

Why would I sell the best handling and quickest street legal car I have ever driven? It sits in the garage most of the time, I don’t drive much and when I do, it is six miles on a straight road to the post office. It is time for a change so if you are looking for a well sorted street and track day car, this is it.

PM for more info

Gary James
AZRED

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,550 Posts
wow nice set up!!!!
has the car been tracked ever? has the Katana S/C been reliable?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
never been tracked, has been auto-X. The supercharger is reliable, that is why Lotus puts it on their cars. i have never read of a problem on a 2005 from Blackwatch or Sector as there is no drive by wire on that year. IMO 2005 is the year to own for that reason.
Gary

·
Registered
166 Posts
Umm, it does have a hard top. It's only mentioned twice in the post though. I see you really work on the details before you jump in and post.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Edit:- Brokenboy is a lot faster typist than I am.

I've seen his car at the autocross. It's very nice... and fast.

Gary -- what are you getting to replace it? GT3?

·
Registered
189 Posts
would u be interested to part out the katana. I might be intersted. If u decide to do so, PM me for the price. I can swith my original ECU with u along with the kit.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bump for the long weekend

still in the garage, still with Katana, Ohlins and 2bular and a little more dust.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Did you do the install of the Katana or was it done by a shop? I know Scottsdale Lotus is a Authorized installer of them.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
still for sale

is this still for sale?
hi
Yes the car is still for sale. Now it is below 100 here in Scottsdale AZ so I drove it twice this week, had the top off and the air off, nice to have full power back!
azred

1 - 15 of 15 Posts