Jim Clayton Big & Heavy Shift Knob
Jim Clayton Folding Tow Hook
Saikou Michi Oil Catch Can

- PRICE -
$27,500 OBO [Lowballers/dreamers need not apply and will be ignored]

- LOCATION -
Beaverton, OR

- MAINTENANCE/SERVICE HISTORY SINCE I PURCHASED -
10/2011 - 17,500 miles - Oil/Filter/Transmission Fluid Changed [Red Line 5W40/K&N/Red Line MT-90]
01/2012 - 20,500 miles - Oil/Filter/Brake Fluid Changed [Red Line 5W40/K&N/ATE Super Blue]
04/2012 - 23,500 miles - Oil/Filter Changed [Red Line 5W40/K&N]
07/2012 - 26,500 miles - OEM Transmission/LSD/Clutch/Pressure Plate/Throwout Bearing Installed
07/2012 - 26,500 miles - Oil/Filter/Transmission Fluid Changed [Red Line 5W40/K&N/Red Line MT-90]
07/2012 - 26,500 miles - OEM Front & Rear Motor Mounts Replaced
08/2012 - 29,750 miles - OEM Bilstein LSS Shocks & Front Sway Bar Installed
08/2012 - 29,750 miles - Front Clam/Rear Clam/Side Skirts/Mirrors Repaired & Repainted

- NOTES -
Bought this Elise with 14,500 miles on it from a retired Florida chap last fall, who purchased it new from his local dealer (Dimmitt). Early 2005 build that came with the anodized silver LSS 16x6.5/17x7.5" wheels. He provided numerous service records, including the LSD/TC retrofit installation, along with the original window sticker. Regular interval fluid changes were performed, and I have continued to maintain the car. Transmission was replaced this summer, due to ring gear & pinion failures (invoice included). Factory LSD installed with the correct bearing pre-load by a Lotus mechanic. Clutch, pressure plate and throwout bearing were also replaced, along with the front and rear motor mounts. The stock Bilstein shocks paired with the factory LSS springs as well as the Front Sway Bar, which haven't been on the car since 2006, were recently swapped back on.

- REASON FOR SELLING -
I'd sold my wife on keeping the car in spite of my impending job loss next spring, but now we have a baby on the way too! The Lotus is collateral damage at this point :(

***PLEASE NOTE***
This car is not yet for sale - it is currently in the body shop having the front/rear clams and rocker panels repaired/repainted, due to damage incurred by an unfortunate encounter with an eight mile stretch of unsealed asphalt/gravel in Wyoming. Lotus of Portland/Europa Auto Body are doing the work, and come highly recommended from several local Elise owners. I expect the car will look as good as the day it rolled off the factory floor once fixed! I'm posting the pertinent details now in case there is anybody looking for an Elise like mine. Car should be fixed and ready for sale in a few weeks at which time I will update this post.

- TEASER PICS -
Note that all of these were taken before various parts were added/removed - most notably, the black LSS wheels are no longer on the car. Pics that show car in saleable condition will be posted once car is returned from body shop.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Elise Damage

Morning Dennis, please contact me at [email protected]. Can you elaborate a bit on the damage done to the car. i.e. severe road rash, collision with an object, chips, chips, or splits to the glass. etc. Appreciate any information.
Craig

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Car finally emerged from the body shop today after nearly four weeks! Repair work was top notch, as was expected.

New owner is flying in tonight, with plans to complete the sale tomorrow morning. Barring a catastrophe, this car is sold. I will update once money and keys have been exchanged.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts