Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
FS: 2005 Mag Blue Elise, FF275 Turbo SOLD

SOLD

Selling my 2005 Elise, after having bought it here in this very same marketplace five years ago. In fact, I found the original ad: http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f94/sold-2005-ff275-turbo-elise-bump-31-000-limited-time-62153/

30978 miles. Touring package. Magnetic Blue with black interior. No accidents.

ForcedFed FF275 Stage 1 Turbo kit. I won't list the parts, but there's a Garrett GT28R Turbo, Spearco 450 HP Intercooler Core, 750CM Puller Fan, 3 Inch exhaust system...

Installed is also an ACT Heavy duty clutch, street light flywheel. SSR Comp light weight wheels (16f 17r), sector 111 Harness bar with Schroth 4pt harnesses, Moroso aluminum racing oil pan. Carbon fiber console, starshield.

Since buying it in 2009, I've sunk way too much money in her, getting a reliable daily driver out of it. Had one mild crisis back when I originally bought her: turned out to be the turbo coolant lines leaking. Replaced them and never had a problem since. (haha, I found the original thread where the guy I bought it from felt guilty when I told him about the issues I had as it came off the transport truck/).

Now, to make the original FF275 kit work, it originally had a piggyback ECU, Unichip. Which, well, sucked.

To fix that, I had replaced the piggyback Unichip with a full on ECU replacement. EFI Technologies X2 ECU, full harness and tuned by Kris at Dynamic Racing Solutions in La Habra, CA. Out of this reliability bender and a desire to be capable of more power, DRS rebuilt the engine with 10:1 compression with new forged Wiseco pistons. New 550cc fuel injectors.

245 wheel horsepower, on a low 6psi boost, conservative tune (I got a dyno sheet for the tire kickers). The engine can easily handle 350 hp.

Issues:
The front egg-grate on the passenger side is loose. Prev Owner wanted to switch out everything to mesh, never got around to it...and neither did I.
Scratches on the headlight housing, both sides, as you know, it's relatively common.
I do not have a soft top, just the removable hard top.
I do not have the original seat belts, just the Schroth 4-pt harnesses.
AC blows only cold-ish.

I think that's it.

Price firm $29,900. SOLD

Look it up on craigslist, colorado springs. Obvs, I can't make up the additional $12k I put in her (previous owner certainly didn't make his $10k+ sunk when I bought it from him!), but I believe the price is great for what you get.

Looking at selling because I'm considering a career change and may live on ramen next year. This cash may help out. But I do love this car, so, I may end up selling a motorcycle instead. We'll see.

Location is Colorado, registered in Texas (I'm a soldier stationed in CO). CLEAN TITLE, in-hand.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Fantastic price. If I wasn't already committed to another Elise you would be getting a call. Good luck with the sale - I'm sure it will go very fast.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Wow, this was priced low! Somebody got a deal, I guess that's why it sold in 24 hours!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All these comments about the price are making me feel like I sold it for too low. :) I bought it for about the same price, have Elise prices really appreciated in the last five years? No worries about regret, it's sold already...to a very cool guy. And I feel great it's going to good hands.

I'm just saying, I don't understand those guys who are pricing their supercharged elise for close to $40k... Are they actually selling? I figured $30k-ish was fair, kbb has it about the same price for an unmodified model, I think it's only us on these niche forums that would pay extra for owner-installed modifications. Am I wrong?

·
** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
Elise/Exige prices have gone up appreciably.

San

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, but I still figure if I can sell for about the same price I bought five years ago, that's an "appreciation" in itself! :) I see the kbb hasn't caught up to our gut feelings, but I still don't see turbo/sc Elise commanding too much in terms of actual sales (asking price, OTOH...). Regardless, perusing the marketplace, I feel I'm still in the neighborhood with allowance for year and mileage. And season! :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
As the new owner, I'd like to say I am very appreciative to the seller, Spacecadet for his honest and open information regarding the car, which made this decision very easy. While he very well may have been able to get more $$$ for the car, he priced it where it had to be for me to move on it - especially when 1 week prior I was looking at only spending 1/2 as much for a "toy".

My son is more excited than me, actually. He and I spent most weekends together from the time he 10 yrs old until 18 racing Quads (him, not me) - but we had the best time camping and racing and wrenching together. Now he's nearly 22 and we are very excited to have another opportunity to spend a few weekends together racing (where I can partake as well!)...I just hope I beat his time once in a while, lol.

All thanks to Spacecadet for this opportunity! Can't wait to get the car!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.