The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sadly, my financial situation has forced me to put up the Elise for sale. Like another recent FS post I read, we've just closed on a house (construction loan actually) and things will be tight for the next few years. I will offer it here first for a couple weeks before going to other venues.

It is a 2005 Lotus Elise, nightfall blue, black leather interior, touring package, with 15k on the odometer. The vehicle was built in February 2005 and has the duel oil coolers. I am the original owner and have never tracked the vehicle. It has never been wrecked, damaged, or mistreated, and has been my daily driver for the last 3 years.

Oil changes and regular service/maintenance were performed at 1k, 5k, and 10k. It’s due for another oil change and I will be happy to perform that for the new owner if desired. At 5k I replaced the Tranny oil with Redline MT90. The vehicle has 2 new Yokohama S.drive tires on the rear (about 500 miles on them). The front tires are original and still have about 5k left. I also adjusted the headlights because I thought they were pointing too low. Otherwise the vehicle has given 3 years of flawless service.

The car has the following upgrades:

- High cam switchover tune from Sector 111 (Charlie)
- Black leather Probax seats (OEM seats included with vehicle)
- Sector 111 micro mirror (OEM mirror included if you really want it)
- Lidbone
- Multivex mirrors on both driver and passenger sides
- Lug bolts changed out to the BMW part (OEM bolts & tool included with vehicle)

I also purchsed several extra of the OEM oil filters which are included with the vehicle.

You have to really nitpick to find faults with this vehicle, but here they are:

- The sill carpeting came loose so I just removed it. I think it looks better without it.
- The black leather on the passenger side power window button surround has torn and is starting to separate from the base.
- The passenger side airbag cover is loose
- I have to reset the tach about once per week which might be indicative of a developing problem
- The lower rear quarters in front of the wheels and the lower sills have been roughed up due to road spray. This is normal wear for an Elise without starshield.
- The headlight lenses are starting to get that cloudy look.

So if you want a low mileage, well cared for 2005 Elise this one is for you. Based on comparable models I’ve seen listed I’m asking $33,000. Thank you.

Curt
575-524-8356

Sorry for the glare on the pictures. I've been waiting for a cloudy day but after all this is southern New Mexico.

Attachments

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wow look at all the cars for sale! Just a quick bump in case any potential buyers haven't seen this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts