The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!
  • Notice image
    Reminder! You're responsible for closing your listing when your item is sold/found/traded - when doing so please select SOLD or FOUND. If you post phone numbers and emails in your ad, your listing will be deleted (this is for your personal protection). If posting a Want to Buy please be sure you have picked the correct listing type from the three selections, ie., Want to Buy - not For Sale or For Trade. Thanks for reading!

FS: 2005 Saffron Yellow Elise - 7400 mi Hard Top / Soft Top & Car Cover

4K views 4 replies 1 participant last post by  buyalotus 
#1 ·
Here's what the original owner had to say when listed on Lotus Talk in 2008:

4800 miles. Original owner; car looks and drives as new. Black leather seats; alarm system, anti-lock brakes; CD player; premium Blaupunkt sound system; alloy wheels; A/C; remote keyless entry; dual front airbags; power windows; power door locks.

Car has optional hardtop (Saffron Yellow) with storage cover; soft top and storage bag; Touring Package; custom "Star Shield" invisible bra paint protection film; dual front airbags; Porterfield R4S performance brake pads; Lotus logo floor mats; Euro-Lotus badges on rear deck and rear facia (instead of standard vinyl stick-on letters); dual oil coolers; Optima battery; Lotus Stormshield car cover (yellow and green); upgraded Lotus shifter; iPod stereo connector; Hoen brite headlights; extended warranty through GEICO.

Mint condition: Clean, perfect condition. Always garage kept with cover on. Never been in rain or weather. No gouges, cracks or defects on body. Perfect service record at Criswell Lotus in Gaithersburg. Engine "broken in" according to owner's manual, then gently driven; never raced, never in any type of accident. Everything is like brand new. Other more detailed photos upon request. For serious buyers, we will be happy to take photos of undercarriage, wheel wells, engine bay, boot, and interior to demonstrate the car has never been in the rain and is in perfect condition.

Here are my comments as the second Owner:

Mileage is now 7400 original miles. The Optima Red Top battery went dead and I replaced it with a regular battery a couple of years ago. I switched my car insurance to GEICO to continue the extended warranty (though I never had to use it) and I am still with GEICO. I imagine the extended warranty period has expired by now. I too have kept it in an enclosed garage (I have never used the car cover except to take the pics of the car today). Never seen rain or snow. I've only put 2600 miles on it in 4 years, so I have never done any maintenance on it at all.

When I first got it, I saw all of the cool mods that were done by the enthusiasts on the LT forum so i did a few myself. I had Chuck Risen of LT fame paint the valve covers, console, A/C surround and brake handle (he really does a good job - hat tip Chuck!). I installed a Top Speed Pro exhaust and the intake filter mod - both make the car sound awesome - plenty of burbles between shifts and no droning. Got the smaller rear view mirror (the stock one huge!). I think that is about it. I have the stock exhaust, the original air filter housing, the original Lotus brake pads (the Porterfields do not put out very much brake dust at all). I have never abused it or tracked it, but I'll bet it would be a blast to do so.

I love this car, but just don't have time to drive it - 2600 miles in 4 years. I am 54 years old and am a certified workaholic and I have quite a few other cars. It's time to clean out my garage and let someone else enjoy this car. I have had absolutely no problems with it at all. She starts first time every time, sounds good, runs strong and will certainly put a smile on your face (not to mention all of the people who have never seen a Lotus!).

The VIN is SCCPC11185HL30222 so do your due diligence with CarFax -its clean and so is the car as you can see by the pix. I am only going to post 3 or so, but if you're interested in seeing about 70 more, please send me an email and i'll send you 7 emails that will show you what a nice sports car this is.

Price: $33,900 or reasonable offer. I will require a $1000 deposit via paypa should a deal transpire.

Thanks for your time and email or PM me if you have any question. I'll be glad to get on the phone with you if you have are seriously interested in this 2005 prisitine Elise. Regards, Syd

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I put this on ebay as well and there are 24 pictures posted there. The ebay item number is 160795941539

If you still want all of the pix I can email them to you, but the ones posted on ebay ought to give you an idea of the condition of the car.

thanks to all of the LT enthusiasts that have shown an interest in this Elise since it wass posted yesterday. Regards, Syd

#3 ·
Thanks for all of th PMs. Just to be clear, i will not sell the hard top or the custom lotus green/yellow car cover separately. It's going with the car.

On another note, the car has not been wrecked, no body work or paint work. She's a garage queen with no dings. This is a "NO ISSUE" car.

Thanks to all of the LTfolks for your continued interest. regards, syd

#4 ·
"NO EXCUSES"

Also, the Elise is in perfect shape with no body damage, paint work, dings, cracks or gouges. (I've been asked this, but it didn't even cross my mind when I wrote the description) Never even scraped the front facia on a parking curb! The "starshield" protection is "roughed up" along the front of the rear wheel wells (no tears or rips) which indicates that the starshield is doing it's job - protecting the paint.

No mechanical issues at all. This is a "NO EXCUSES" vehicle andand will be a great sports car for someone!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.