The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
All, I have been tempted by the fruit of an Exige but need to sell my Elise first. I didn't think this sad day would come, but it has. So, here are the details.

Year: 2006

Color: Chrome Orange

Miles: 11,xxx

Warranty: Until 5/29/09

Price: $xx,xxx

Use: I use this as a weekend fun car. Like the boxster I posted on here before, I sometimes drive to my work's garage on a Friday, but that's it. It doesn't go out in the rain/weather. Yes, I know these cars are tougher than that - but that is how I am about my toys.

Accidents: None.

Factory Options: Touring, Black Pack (black wheels and diffuser), hard top, soft top and starshield

Track Days: 1 - Pueblo Motorsports Park earlier this month - car did NOT leave the track or spin or anything negative at any time

Service: Had most recent service and service updates at 10k miles (performed by Ferrari of Denver); brakes are in great shape and the car has not mechanical problems

Tires: AD07's. The rears were replaced some time after 10k miles (I have the documentation, but not on me). They have the one track day on them, but from looking at them, you wouldn't know.

Upgrades: Rear panel delete; Tubular (2bular) sport cat; Tubular (2bular) exhaust (I had a reputable local exhaust shop reinforce the hangars on the exhaust and put in a piece of flex pipe since the exhaust has no expansion points in its design); JL Audio 5 1/4" speakers on all four corners; Lotus Trim Shop interior (orange leather door panel inserts, A/C surround and center console); Painted engine cover (with Colin signature decal); Aluminum oil filler cap; Green air filter (around 9,300 miles); Desnorkled; Lotus seatbelt pads; Elise front plate decal; Sector 111 mounting bracket and fire bottle; aluminum carpet holders (or whatever they are called); Lotus Sport floor mats

Defects: (i) Rock chip on windshield - I have tried to capture this in the photos, but it doesn't come out well. There is a rock chip that has been repaired in the lower left area of the driver's side of the windshield (ii) Scrapes under the front clam - The photos show this; I think it is pretty minimal compared to all the cars I looked at when trying to find this one (iii) Repainted portion on passenger side rocker panel - The previous owner (also an ETalker - Proudpop) had a rock chip there that bothered him. He had it repainted and did not replace the starshield. I don't understand his logic because now it has more rock chips without the shield there. I have tried to show this area in the photo. I didn't notice it at first until I washed the car the first time; it doesn't bother me too much. Repainting and restarshielding was not on my list of things to do on the car - but that may just be me.

Please PM me with additional questions. I usually check the site in the morning and evening, so it shouldn't be too long to respond.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Photos:

Attachments

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought this thing auto resized - but I guess not.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
More photos:

Attachments

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still more photos:

Attachments

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Even more photos:

Attachments

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bump for not listing the micro mirror it also has!

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Having lived in CO, I surprised there isnt more damage from rocks. Its like driving through bullets when your stuck behind a semi.
The car has only been in CO since November. Also, I try not to follow closely.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sold to a local buyer. Transaction to be completed next week. :(

Now to find an exige. :coolnana: too bad the one I wanted to buy sold this very morning, only hours before mine sold. :sad:

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks, but mixed emotions with the prospect of being lotusless.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's gone. Picked up tonight by a local buyer. Maybe we will see him on the forum in the future. Sure was a fun car.

Now on to the Exige! :evil:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts