The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SALE PENDING

NOTE - I'm dropping my asking price to 36K, and it is negotiable to a point. No crazy offers, but send me a message if you are interested and I would be happy to see what we can work out. I would really like to see it go to somebody that wants to give it some loving. I have not driven it much at all since my first post, and I realize that I did not originally post this while being fully committed to the sale.

I also could create a new thread, but I just chose to edit this one because the pictures are already there and I am unable to upload pictures at work. I hope the title doesn't throw you.

Hello All,

I am listing my 2006 Exige for sale as of now. The color is Krypton Green, and it pretty much glows in the dark. My life has taken an extremely pleasant, but unexpected turn, and I am now in a place where I am looking at my potential options.

I am not a gearhead, I just like driving fast. I also have never tracked it, though, so fast has only been highway speeds up and down the interstate on late weekend drives. Although I have not done any modifications to the car, the owner before me did a few, and you can find them below. There is a supercharger now, and I do believe it is stock elise unit, which was installed by TJ from Fox Valley Motorcars near Chicago. There is no intercooler on top, so the back window is not completely useless and it doesn’t feel as claustrophobic as in other supercharged Exiges. I also cannot recall if they replaced the oil cooler lines, although I remember being told that it had been done as well. I would be happy to take pictures to verify if somebody told me exactly what to take a picture of. Those are the only mechanical mods that I am aware of, and the owner before me was very good at disclosing everything he knew about it.

I have had all routine and scheduled maintenance done at FVMC, and the owner before me went to World Imports USA, and Ferrari of Denver before that. I do not have any information on any owners previous to that, however.

Other mods include:

Suede wrapped interior panels, including sills and door panels
Tinted windows
Sparco cup steering wheel with quick release

I have had all routine and scheduled maintenaince done at FVMC, and the owner before me went to World Imports USA, and Ferrari of Denver before that. I do not have any information on any owners previous to that, however.

There is 13,367 miles on the odometer. It’s been babied, and I just don’t drive it as much as I’d like. The condition is really good, and although there is the occasional rock chip here and there, the car is a sight to see.

hosting images

http://s8.postimage.org/60uue7tx1/IMG
_0064.jpg

image upload

img upload

image host

image host

picture hosting

img upload

photo hosting

free image hosting

upload photo

upload pictures

And one for the road! Thanks for looking, sorry I wrote a book! I just want to be as clear and straightforward as possible...

photo hosting

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Jeez, I already forgot something...

The car is located with me, in Indian Head Park, IL.

I also wanted to note that the license plate looks all crooked and broke because it is held on by one bolt that goes into the tow hook area, and a zip tie, so that there was no exterior modification. The bracket is fine, but the plate looks like crap. You can thank the state of IL for that... :)

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I'm interested in the details of the supercharger and why they removed the intercooler
The 06 came NA. If purchased The dealers would install the same sc as they use for the Elise, no intercooler.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is exactly what the previous owner told me. I'm trying to pull up my old email traffic with him now, but he said that it was the stock Elise supercharger, with no intercooler required.

I'll post more info as soon as I get it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
It is not illegal in the state of IL to have permanently disabled safety equipment, or to sell vehicles with those modifications.

As an example, however, in VA it is required to have operational standard safety equipment installed on your vehicle as it was from the manufacturer to register it in that state. It all depends on your state law. I would check the NHTSA website for information regarding your specific state.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dropped the asking price by 3K, and have also listed the car on Cars.com...

I can also be reached by email at [email protected] so feel free to send me a message if interested in taking a look.

Thanks!

Kyle

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello!

I'm sorry, I am having major issues with AT&T internet at my house. The car is actually pending sale as of Friday, but of course I will still respond to all of the emails and keep the individuals who requested to be kept up to date informed as to whether or not the sale goes through.

Are you one of the individuals who emailed me? If so, I have an email packet all typed up and ready to go, CARFAX included, but I cannot get to my gmail on the work network. I'm going to send them all out at lunch today.

I'm really sorry for the delay in posting this and updating people who emailed me, but I just couldn't get connected this weekend. Might be time to switch to Comcast... :eek:

·
Registered
86 Posts
yep, you responded to my gmail.. thank you. As mentioned in the email, I'd be interested in talking if anything happens!
Cheers,
Matt

1 - 10 of 10 Posts