The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm selling my 2006 Polar Blue Elise.

I had a 2005 Nightfall Blue that I swapped for this one I bought from an owner friend who had to move out of the country in March 2010. After being an Elise driver for nearly a decade, I'm exploring options.

This is a 2006 titled in June of 2007 with 68 miles.
I purchased in March 2010 with 9,338 miles (approx 1,800mi/year use to date).

The car has never been raced or tracked.

2006 Lotus Elise
• Polar Blue with MAGNOLIA leather interior. Only 35 Polar Blue cars produced in 2006
• Touring Pack
• Hard & Soft Tops
• LSS Wheels (carried over from my 2005 Track Pack)
• Starshield
• 16,550 miles (as of 5/7/2014)

Of note and included are:
• New Optima battery (make-shift holder solution at the moment as brackets were back-ordered)
• Continental ExtremeContact DW tires (Good. 3k on them)
F: 195/50 ZR16 84w
R: 225/45 ZR17 94w
• Black Watch Racing Front License Plate Mount

Upgraded sound system:
• Sony Headunit with Bluetooth speakerphone built in, wired
• Polk Audio speaker upgrade front and rear
• Sony HD Radio module that was NOT installed but comes with

Oil Line recall was performed by Star Motors in Houston in April 2013.

The car is in good condition overall. Always garaged. It's been maintained. I'm an auto industry insider and knowledgeable owner.

There is commensurate scraping on the underside of the front lip and the sides of the front clam. Most of these blemishes are from my friend's tenure in the car. They're not bad enough for me to have done anything about them in past 4 years and one month.

There is one small knick in the paint on the rear clam from a grocery cart.

The Starshield has done it's job and protected the finish, but in some small places it's showing imperfections. It's not anything I would address unless taking the car to a concours.

The driver's seat is worn and that's how it came to me 4 years ago.

Steering wheel has an unknown condition where it's sticky (soft touch plastics) and the silver paint is easily removed. This is why it appears scratched up in the photos. This must be some sort of manufacturing defect.

$37.5K

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Very nice looking car! what is that thingy on the steering column? Where is the car located? Houston? Regards, Bob

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Bob!

That is the microphone for the Bluetooth speakerphone. On my first Elise I had the mic on the A-Piller. This go I put it on the steering column as you see and it works a lot better.

The car is in Houston just outside of Downtown.

·
Premium Member
2,995 Posts
LSS wheels?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes. The wheels are from the 2005 Elise I owned previous to this 2006 and were a part of the package:

options code description price
sports pack LSS add forged wheels, upgraded springs and shocks $2,480

So the forged wheels are from code LSS

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
903 Posts
that's not unusual wear for those seats - it only shows more because it's the magnolia color instead of black. Some nice leather cleaner or a reputable shop can probably clean that right up. The headlight can probably easily be fixed with a headlight resto kit from your local autozone. You'll probably have to find some touchup paint for the rear decklid if it bothers you.

All in all this is a pretty sweet car. Very classy looking with the magnolia on polar. GLWS!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts