The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FS - 2006 Lotus Elise Rebuilt - SOLD

Alright the time has come to temporarily move out of the Lotus world...

I am selling my 2006 Starlight Black Lotus Elise with red interior.
34,300 miles with the following options:
Sport package with Limited Slip Differential
Touring Package.
Aftermarket head unit with USB interface.
I do not have a hardtop.

The car is located in Houston, TX.

The car has a rebuilt title and I currently have it financed through USAA.

The frame is undamaged and the alignment is spot on.

The front windshield should be replaced eventually as the previous owner ripped off the stock mirror and took some of the windshield with it. In addition an eighteen wheeler knocked a rock up and it caused a decent size knick in the windshield in front of the driver about halfway down.

The AC works as good as it ever did (not great for TX!)

The car will need a new clutch soon.

It has about 80% tread left on Direzza z1 star specs.

205 in front and 235 in rear.

I will get the car detailed, sealed, and paint corrected before selling if buyer chooses. We have an excellent shop called vive automotive in Houston that does a great job.

Please let me know if you have any questions, I am sure I missed a few things as I'm at work right now.

As an update:

I will be taking the car to Star Motors in Houston, TX to get a full inspection of the car to include frame, etc.

I feel that this will help alleviate some of the concerns I have received by PM.

I bought the car with the rebuilt title so unfortunately I do not have the pictures or information on why it was totalled to begin with.

Thank you for looking.

Attachments

·
Registered
221 Posts
Took some part of the windshield with it...? Care to elaborate? Any close up pics?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will get photos of the windshield, it looks like they didn't remove the stock rear view mirror correctly and so it took a chunk out of the inside of the windshield layer with it.

It's very hard to explain without a photo which I'll post tonight.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have you gotten an estimate to have the windshield replaced?
Yes, I think it was $1,600-$1,800 to include parts and labor.

I am willing to negotiate as I understand the car does need a new windshield.

I'm attaching the best photo I could get, it was dusk when I finally got a chance to get photos, but I think the angle captured it pretty well.

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well that's great, the iPhone was apparently "upside down" so I apologize for that, haha.

I'll see if I have an app that can fix that, but I beleive the iPhone encodes the picture orientation and it doesn't always translate correctly to a PC.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I didn't see anything in your ad and I'm not 100% sure but do you have the Larini Sports exhaust on it? It looks like you do but I couldn't really tell. Thanks and good luck!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts