2006 Maserati Gransport
VIN# ZAMEC38A460020946
Mileage: 12,714
Grigio Alfieri/Nero with Piping
Full Carbon Fiber
4.2L V8
Private Seller
$49,000

Purchase of 06 Cayenne Turbo S for my wife is forcing me to make room in the garage.

Details:
The GranSport is a four seat sport-touring coupe that offers 400 horsepower with 330lb-ft of torque, with an electrohydraulic six-speed sequential-shifting manual "Cambriocorsa" (which is equal to Ferrari’s F1 paddle shift). More horsepower and a revised suspension setup in 2006 features a lower ride height, stiffer tuning, a bigger wheel/tire combination plus functional aerodynamics to increase the sportiness and allow for a more aggressive ride. The sport mode as selected with the ‘Sport’ button allows the driver to enjoy a more spirited ride by increasing the damping stiffness of the Skyhook suspension, allowing faster gear shifts and quicker acceleration response along with reduced intervention of stability and traction control systems and opens the exhaust flap for a more aggressive exhaust note. Equipment on this Grand Touring car consists of dual front power seats with drivers memory, auto climate control, folding mirrors, 6 disc changer, keyless entry, and upgraded from the standard Coupe is the lowered suspension, 19” wheels riding on 235/35ZR19 front/ 275/30ZR19 rear Pirelli PZero Rosso tires, chrome mesh grille work, front lower spoiler, flaired rocker panels, aluminum pedals, leather and carbon fiber wrapped steering wheel and a carbon fiber center central console area.

Equipped with the Skyhook suspension, the system automatically adjusts the stiffness of the suspension according to the varied road and driving conditions for improved ride comfort and dynamic sport handling. This car is equipped with the Skyhook suspension option as well as the following personalized options, aluminum colored brake calipers, CD changer, interior leather upgrade, aluminum passenger footrest and Xenon front lights. The craftsmanship of this car is impeccable and the beautiful leather work of the interior design is both becoming and a nod to the hand crafted styling of yesteryear. This car also retains the remainder of the factory 4 year, 50,000 mile warranty until August 2010.

Standards: Dry Sump Lube w/ Oil Cooler, Trans w/ computer controlled clutch, ASR Traction Control, MSP Stability Control, Drvr/Pass side airbags, Seatbelt pretensioners, Sport Seats,
Options: Alum colored Brake Calipers $530
CD Changer $695
Leather Upgrade $2600
Alum Passenger footrest $620
Skyhook Suspension $2390
Xenon Lights $1205
Original Window Sticker $111,562

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bump price reduced to $49k

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Very, very nice car.

Is it just me or does 50% off seem like a deal that is almost too good to be true? Are all these going for 50% off? Is the market that soft?

Also, is this an LE or 'base'?

I showed the wife and she replied "Hey, I could use a new car". If only we weren't saving to build a new house...

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not too good to be true. The market is that tough. It's not an LE, but has all the same options of the LE except for the heated/memory seats. Love the car, but just don't have space since we moved last year. Went from a 3 car garage @ main house and a 2 car garage barn to only a 3 car garage. Would be ok, if I didn't grab the Cayenne TT, again soft market and the deal was too good to pass up 73% off original sticker, 3 years old with 25k miles.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I have always thought that the problem with these was basically Ford Probe looks with Ferrari maintenance prices. This, being the Gransport, is the nicest looking of that model and compared to the purchase price seems like a good deal.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I have always thought that the problem with these was basically Ford Probe looks with Ferrari maintenance prices. This, being the Gransport, is the nicest looking of that model and compared to the purchase price seems like a good deal.
They have to be the most underrated touring car that exists. They look so much better in person too. The cars never photgraph well no matter what color. Build quality is exceptional as is comfort, handling, and power. Ferrari Maint on a GS isn't as bad as one would think. When you hear about high prices to maintain any Ferrari it is mostly because of the 348/355 that require the engine to be pulled for majors. That isn't the case with modern F-cars since the motor uses cam chains rather than a belt. There were F-1 trans issues with pre-GS Maserati's like the 04 Coupe/Spyders (cambriocorse), those were corrected by the 05 model year and the most modern F-1 trans and ecu were introduced in the 06 GS. It's a bulletproof combination. If you go on the forum you will read very little about issues with GS's.

I am bias as the owner, but reasearch for yourself if you are interested in these cars.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Premium Member
4,565 Posts
where in Socal are you located?
pics of interior?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
where in Socal are you located?
pics of interior?
Canyon Lake, 15min North of Temecula. I can take more interior if needed. It is in incredible shape. No bolster wear on either driver or passenger sides

Attachments

·
Registered
443 Posts
Any way this can be put into automactic tranmission mode so my wife can drive it? Looks great.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Any way this can be put into automactic tranmission mode so my wife can drive it? Looks great.
Yes, there is an auto select button on the center console that puts shifting in the cars hands based on the driving conditions. It will learn the driving style and adjust accordingly. I didn't drive it in that mode except at first to see how it works. My wife drove in auto.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Guys...I have one of these...love it. Thats a rare combo (never seen it before) and does have all the right options.

There are really no issues with these cars. We drive ours long distances all the time...SoCal to Vegas etc. Very comfortable and fast.

Maserati OC just sold a so-so GS with more miles for the same price (give or take). $49 is a deal. I bet the sticker on this bugger was $120 in 06....and the car probably still has 6-8 months left on the OE 4 year warranty.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
LouieLaguna, you are correct sticker was $111.5k original warranty goes until Aug 2010 so a full year left with plenty of time to extend.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts