The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 Lotus Elise in Polar Blue with Magnolia leather interior and 2,555 miles. $39,500. The car is almost brand new. Great dealer showroom condition with extremely low mileage! This car is my baby, but I must sell it (need the cash for a new business). I bought (leased) it brand new on May 2007 (received it on June 2007), and I have put very few miles on it since then.

I leased the car new from Lotus of Greenwich in May 2007 (found the car and Robert in this forum). The car is currently under a 5-yr lease with Premier Financial. The car was delivered to me in Miami/Ft Lauderdale in a personalized delivery truck (can send the information if needed). The car has always been stored in a closed garaged, covered by a Lotus car cover (included in pictures).

I have driven and serviced the car following Lotus specifications very closely, sometimes to the extreme. Before I received the car, I researched the Lotus Forum to make sure I followed the right procedure for break-in of the engine. I then compared my notes to the Lotus manual. As most people know in this forum, during engine break-in, there is a delicate balance between controlling the heat generated in the engine and allowing the piston rings to adjust satisfactorily. This is accomplished by controlling the throttle opening and the RPM.

Here's how I have managed this balance. For the first 300 miles, I never pushed the car beyond 3000 RPM, and the throttle openings were always on the moderate side. Between 300-800 miles, most of the time, I kept the RPM range between 3000 - 4500. Occasionally, I would push the throttle to get to no more than 5500 RPM. Before the 1,000 mile-service, the car never saw 6000 RPM or (the engine computer can easily prove it). I also never (I still don't) drove the car above 2500 rpm until the engine temperature reached 190 degrees. The car was first serviced just below the 1,000 miles, at The Collections in Miami (Lotus dealer). After the 1,000 mile, I began pushing the car progressively, but never to its limits. I kept the RPM under 6,000 most of the time, except for a few instances, for very short periods.

Today, I would rarely get to more than 7,000 RPM, and the great majority of the time is between 3000-6500 (yes, sometimes I just need to feel the variable cams kicking in). Although I initially intended to have fun with the car, I have never taken the car to an autocross or track day. The car has been driven mostly on weekends for leisure driving.

The car has always been washed by hand and it was recently given a full detailed job. I have only taken the cars two times to the dealer for servicing. The first time was for the 1,000 mile service (records available). At the same time, a couple of minor fixes were done on the car (nail on a tire and a lamp replacement). The second time (2 weeks ago) was to install the hard top. The car's soft top came with a broken piece in one of the panels, which I'm getting replaced under the warranty. I may have to sell the car without the hard-top, because the dealer sent the hard top with the wrong color (I only noticed two weeks ago after installation).

The car's exterior is a 9.9 out of a 10. The car only has two areas that are not pristine. The Star-shield (clear-bra) is scratched on a very small spot. Also, the rear-right (upper) side of the car has a small superficial scratch (not ding) that can be easily touched up. I took pictures of the two spots, but I’m not sure if the pictures are clear enough. The interior is flawless. The interior-external color combination is fantastic. This car draws tons of attention.

The car has the following factory options:

• Hard Top with soft top included ($1475 option, Insulated, Removable Hardtop in Body Color in Addition to Soft Top).
• Sport Pack: larger lightweight forged aluminum alloy wheels, Yokohama A048LTS tires made specifically for the Elise, stiffer springs, stiffer shocks, bigger anti-sway bars ($2480 option).
• Touring Pack: full leather seating with perforated trim, electric windows, upgraded Blaupunkt Acapulco AM/FM/CD stereo with MP3 player, interior stowage net, double insulated soft top, full carpet set ($1350 option).
• Star Shield: clear bra ($1350 option)

The car does not have any aftermarket modifications.

You can see many pictures in the link below.

You can call me at 954-295-7182 or email me at [email protected].

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
I think I saw your car at HRM - they had 2 polar blues at the time, and it was right after my car was totalled - I seriously thought about buying one of them...great color....good luck with the sale.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts