The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Model : Lotus Exige S 220 (US Federal)
Model Year : 2007 (1st registered 04/08)
Mileage : 13127
Factory Fitted Opions : Touring Pack, Traction Control, Lifestyle Paint Phantom Black, Starshield paint protection film (Refreshed Aug ’11 with LLumar paint protection film covering most of the car)
No. of Owners : I’m the 2nd owner
Service History : Lotus Newport Beach & Park Place
Condition : Excellent! Pampered weekend fun car. Looks stunning all polished-up espically after SARA Auto do their detailing. Everything works as it should, even the AC copes with the Gulf Summer. I added LLumar window tint & higher insulation carpets which helps keep the cabin cooler! It been lots of fun, but now it’s time for someone else to enjoy, as I bought another Lotus :)

Thanks for looking :wave:

Attachments

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Hi Guys, I'm back from my trip. If you're interested in my Exige, happy to answer any questions.

A couple of guys had asked me about shipping it back to the US. I'm sure it's feasible, as thats where it came from 1.5 years ago.
I've checked my records on the Exige. Although I've got documents of the sale from Park Place WA when it was exported to Dubai 2/6/2010, I've not got the shipping information on file.
However, I've done a quick search & went to the web site below, Manheim Export who appear to be big in international car shipping.
EXPORTTRADER.COM

The automated quote from LA port California to Jebel Ali port Dubai is $870 for a shared 40' container. There may be a cheaper RORO Ferry option too, so I guess shipping the other way round will be similar. This is just an automated estimation, to get a binding quote you'd need to contact them.
According to their web site, to that cost you've got to add courier charges for customs documentation (so the paperwork gets to the clearing agent prior to the car arriving) and insurance @ 0.9% of the declared value.

The Exige is a US Federal specification car, already imported by Lotus USA, so any Customs duty would have been paid, this will be on record with the US authorities. If it's helpful to you, I can send a picture of the VIN so you can check this.

The company I work for is based at Jebel Ali port and we are regularly shipping our electrical installation items. If I can help from the Jebel Ali side, I will (ie getting the car to port for loading) however the rest will be up to the shipper & yourself to arrange, as I'm a private owner, not a garage.

A few more pictures attached...any excuse LOL :D:D:D

Cheers :wave:

Attachments

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi LT Crew
I've been asked if I could post some close-up shots to give a better indication of it's condition (which is excellent!). OK, I took some yesterday...too many to post, but here's a selection.

If you look hard you can see the lines on the LLuma paint film. Much better than the original Starshield, as the front clam is almost one piece, covering the whole panel, hence a lot less 'cut lines'. The paint film covers all access panels, side scoops, complete sills, mirrors, behind rear wheels & front lights / indicators.

Compared to all the other 2007 Exige S's advertised, I seem to be very competitively priced! I thought my post would interest a local Gulf buyer, but interestingly most of the interest is from the US. I've already noted the shipping cost to the US, which seems reasonable... the cost to get it to a US port from Dubai is no more than cross-state on a covered trailer.

Anything else, just PM me. Cheers :wave:

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts