Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 Lotus Exige S

Asking $43,500 (obo)

Miles – 16,373-miles
Slate Grey exterior
Black leather and Alcantra interior

I purchased the car in April 2014 from WireWheel (it is a FL rebuild title due to an exhaust fire that melted the rear clam) with 13,364-miles. Over my ownership I have done a few minors items to the car, but no major upgrades – everything I know about is listed below. Although I love this car and enjoy every minute of it, I am just not using it as much as I would like or hoped – it is time to let someone else enjoy it.

Here are the items that were listed in the WireWheel ad posting:
  • BOE ECU tune
  • Uprated to Sector 111 rear toe links
  • "Rebuilt" Florida title from fire damaged rear clam, due to heat from an aftermarket exhaust system. Now replaced with a stock exhaust and heatshield. No chassis or suspension damage. Rear clam was replaced.
I can confirm the Sector 111 rear toe link but cannot confirm the BOE ECU tune (or don’t know how to confirm it)
The Dunlop Direzza DZ101 tires were new at the time (2014) and remain the ones on the car.

Here are the items I have done over my ownership.
  • Sector 111 front tow hook
  • Sector 111 floor mats and buttons
  • Sector 111 trunk caddie
  • Sector 111 fire extinguisher
  • Sector 111 shift cable and gate cable replaced
  • Sector 111 Shift stiffener
  • Carbon Fiber - side scoops, front access panels, front splitter by HKFEVER
  • Front turn signal bulbs to Philips SilverVision PY21W
  • Ferodo DS25000 front/rear brake pads
  • BOE wheel studs
  • BOE Oil plan v1.1
  • BOE Poly rear engine mount
  • BOE front/rear engine mount studs
  • Brake Fluid flush in May 2018.
  • BOE Surge Tank v2.0 (not installed)
  • Sector 111 V-Force harness bar (not installed)
For anything that I removed from the car, I still have it and will include with the sale

Overall the car is in good condition, the exterior is showing its age. When the repair for the damage to the clam was performed, only the clam was painted (if you look closely you can see a slight color difference). The rear hatch also has some remnants of the fire with melted plastic on the underside. I have a complete replacement hatch included in the sale (needs to be painted to match, currently yellow. I was holding on to it to do if/when I repainted the car). Interior is in great condition. The only issue I have ever had was a check engine light code P0172. I replaced the spark plugs and don’t think it has occurred since then (honestly can’t remember). Otherwise it has been very reliable.
I have the Carfax from when I bought the car which I can also send.

Please ask any questions you would like and I will do my best to get the information and/or take pictures.
I am located in Massachusetts on the South Coast.

Lotus Exige - 1.jpg
Lotus Exige - 2.jpg
Lotus Exige - 5.jpg
Lotus Exige - 6.jpg
Lotus Exige - 4.jpg
Lotus Exige - 3.jpg
Lotus Exige - 8.jpg
Lotus Exige - 11.jpg
Lotus Exige - 12.jpg
Lotus Exige - 13.jpg

·
Premium Member
2005 Lotus Elise; 2007 Lotus Exige S; 2012 Porsche 991S
1,350 Posts
Nice car and GLWS! I used to have that same stereo head unit (with built in navigation) in my Audi A4. Good system!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I assume you have a salvaged MA title then, is that correct?
Could you post some pictures of the remaining fire damage to the hatch?
Could you post a video of a start up and of it running?

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, it currently has a MA Title.
I will take some more pictures and a video early next week and post them, let me know if there is anything else specific you would like to see/hear.
thanks

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here are photos showing the remains of the fire damage. You can see on the hatch the left/driver's side has melted while the other side remains (but also a little disfigured). Also included a picture of the replacement hatch which is included.
Lotus Exige - 25.jpg
Lotus Exige - 21.jpg
Lotus Exige - 22.jpg
Lotus Exige - 23.jpg

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the cold start video as well, just not sure how to post it (wrong format and/or too large). I can send to anyone who would like it, just pm me your email address.
(or if there are recommendations with how to post here, please let me know).
thanks

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, that is where I took the pictures. I was there last October with my Dad for a "track night in america" event.
thanks
Greg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts