The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD - FS: 2007 Phantom Black Lotus Exige S (NorCal)

SOLD

The time has come to sell my Phantom Black 2007 Lotus Exige S. My girlfriend has moved in and her car has occupied the Lotus’ spot in my garage, and storing the vehicle off-site has become a hassle. This has been the most enjoyable car I’ve ever owned, and I’m hopeful the next owner will love it just as much.
I purchased this car 1 year ago from the original owner, when it had 7,300 miles on it. At the time of purchase, it had never been tracked and the top had never been off of the car (per the original owner). I’ve still never taken the top off, but have had the car on the track a total of 3 times (190 minutes in total).

My goal with this car was to have the perfect balance of street and track capabilities with minimum modifications. You may have read that these cars have a few flaws from the factory, such as the shifter assembly (making it hard to know which gear you’re in). This particular vehicle does not suffer from this issue because luckily it came with the early ’07 shifter assembly, which feels great. The Kold Fire tune is a better calibration than the factory Lotus tune. This tune solves the occasional stalling issue (which happened to me twice), adds much-needed fuel in the higher RPMs (the factory tune is way too lean for maximum safety), is overall smoother to drive, and adds 50hp by simply opening the throttle plate up all the way (Lotus de-tuned the S220 so that it only opened the throttle plate 70% in order to sell the more expensive S260 for a lot more). Each and every modification was researched and performed to address a specific requirement. Feel free to PM with any questions. Scott

Price: $42,000

Year: 2007
Make/Model: Lotus Exige S
VIN: SCCVC11147HL82201
CarFax Vehicle History Report: http://sdrv.ms/NqqaBY
Color: Phantom Black
Mileage: 10,732

Options:
Lifestyle Paint
Limited Slip Differential
Star Shield
Track Pack
Touring Pack
Lotus Car Cover

Modifications:
Kold Fire 270 Tune (Opens throttle plate 100% and richens top end RPM for improved safety over stock)
Toyo R888 Tires
Sector 111 Oil Catch Cans (keeps crankcase oil vapors from getting into the intake)
Sector 111 GPan Oil Pan (baffled oil pan keeps cams properly lubricated during turns)
Sector 111 RTD2 Brace (upgrades weak rear toe links and adds rigidity)
Dietsch Werks Upper Rear Control Arm Bushings (upgrade from weak stock bushings)
Red Front Tow Hook

Yes, I still have the original oil pan and rear toe links/cross-bar.

Maintenance:
Two of the photos below show the most recent maintenance record of this vehicle. In short, all fluids were changed, tires installed, and maintenance checks have been performed as of 5/2/2012. The car is in absolutely 100% mechanical condition. Feel free to contact Rob Dietsch (Dietsch Werks) to verify. I have all maintenance records.

Flaw: Star Shield Bubbles on Front Lip

Flaw: Star Shield Rock Chip on Passenger Door 3/4 Down Near Front Clam

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
You make your girlfriend stay in the garage?

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
All the right options, and sweet aftermarket stuff as well. This seems like a good one to buy!

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Ones like this don't come around often, looks like a real cherry:) GLWS.

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
Thanks Scott!

Know it was a pain in the ass dealing with somebody so far away and half on vacation. USAA could have made it a little less painful too.

Supposed to be delivered in the AM!

I'm stoked!

·
Premium Member
1,601 Posts
Gunpilot you got yourself a great car and a great deal. I have known Scott for many years and he is a fanatic in taking care of his cars. Enjoy the ride!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts