The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I need to sell my beautiful Elise. It's an '07 in MINT condition (I'm pretty anal about keeping my cars in great shape). Since I'm in Texas, I get to drive it year round. Mileage is 6600 (mainly smooth interstate miles between Austin and San Antonio). I would like advice on what I should ask for it and also let everyone on the site that it's for sale.

·
Registered
192 Posts
everyone on forum will think you should sell your car (to them) for thousands less than its worth. You're probably better off: going dealer to dealer,posting a FOR SALE sign on the car, craigslist (since its free anyway) and going to some car-meets/shows (or parking it in a busy area).

good luck pal

·
Registered
485 Posts
What options do you have on the car? sport pack? any aftermarket CF parts? That would make a difference in your asking price.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Touring pack, hard and soft top, starshield and Lotus-made indoor car cover (cost 300-350). Everything is stock, no aftermarket parts or mods (except for lotus seatbelt "comfor pads" (don't know what official name for those are). Always garaged and I rarely drive it in full sun. Mainly morning or evening drives and cruising around the nightclub areas downtown on weekend nights.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Since I'm not wanting to buy your car, I'll give you some unbiased information.

Average asking price for a 2007 Lotus Elise on cars.com is $47259.00 and they have an average mileage of 3121 miles (btw, looks like people on average drive about 3500 miles a year in an Elise). Since yours has more miles than average for an Elise (but apparently well kept and with a hard top) I would price it at $45k and then be willing to accept down to about ~$40k.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Pricing really will depend on how badly you need to sell. You could probably unload it today for under $40k. If you can wait for the right buyer to come along, you might get 5 to 7 grand more. List it on autotrader.com, cars.com, and eBay. The broader your audience, the better your chances.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts