The Lotus Cars Community banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We have decided to put our car up for sale. It's an amazing car and we have loved the experience of owning it. We have had the great pleasure of meeting other fellow Lotus Owners and truly living the brand. Actually this car was our second lotus as we had a 2005 Elise that was sold to a LT member. Our first car we left stock but decided with the s240 we wanted to simply just make it amazing while trying to keep it tasteful.

To do this we worked with V2 Motorsports who has setup Loti for SCCA T2 spec. but since this was our 2nd car we didn't want a roll cage as it was mainly a street car and did 11 track weekends total over 5 years. The car is beyond any other lotus I have driven and I drove many to decide to go with a V2 setup. I have set a few track records in this car and won the great lakes region in 2011 running the bare minimum in TT (didn't want the wear and tear). I didn't do any weekends last year as work was priority. The car has won at 2 local car shows and people just love the way it looks. So it looks the part as well as performs. V2 focused on suspension, braking, upgrading parts for engine safety and lightness. I have a very mild tune - 230whp tune from BOE. I recently refreshed some suspension components, installed a ceramic coated 2bular header back exhaust plus 2 new O2 sensors and new carbon fiber front splitter/side scoops. I was waiting for the black dash fastworks tune to take full advantage of the exhaust system but BOE has not released that yet. I think its a must do item when he gets that. The car has had fluid changes before and directly after a track weekend, before winter and before driving in the spring. Im extremely anal about prep, care and maintenance of my car.

As you know the winter in Ohio has been persistent this year but the weather cleared up for a little bit so I pulled the car out into the driveway to take some exterior photos. The roof scoop number will be removed but shot it on as it looks pretty cool…the paint has a lot of metallic flake to it that doesn't show in this lighting so I put a low light shot so you can see how it looks. Anyway I have photos packaged up below.

s240 Photos - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0dgfz9nqhq1366a/5EN4w3CIJ0

Maintenance-
First year at MAG Midwestern Autogroup (I didn't care for the level of service they provided)
Second year at AutoEurope (I drove 3.5 hrs to them for service and liked what they did but after many performance questions I was referred to V2 Motorsports)
The rest of its major service and performance parts were done by V2 Motorsports
I did basics like oil changes, bleeds, etc.
3 Times a year I do a 5 stage Adams Polishes overhaul to keep it looking great.
As you can see from above I wanted great care for the car, so I would drive a total of 7 hrs. to get the best service.
I have documentation on what has been done/serviced.

I may have missed something below but this gives a snap shot of what has been done.

Upgrades-

Engine-
ProRad Radiator - $600
Sector lll Catch Cans with V2 custom drainage - $300
Moroso Baffled Oil Pan - $500
V2 Fuel Tank - $900
RLS Intercooler, Carbon Fiber Shroud, Aero Ducts, Carbon Fiber Heat Shield with Gold Foil, Carbon Fiber Side Ducts - $2,615
Custom Kold Fire Tune, Cable – 230 rwhp | Cable and Tune Serial Number for edits - $1000+
($2,500 on dyno to get safe power gain numbers to fit into TTA) (stock was 214.5) have documentation for it if needed.
New Upgraded Spark Plugs $85
Amsoil fluids
15x-50 Racing Oil & Filter
Syncro Mesh
2ublar 4 to 1 Supercharged Header (Swaintech White Lightning Coated), DeCat (Swaintech White Lightning Coated), 7x18" GT3 Repackable Exhaust, 2 Different Tips, VBands, Black Ceramic Paint - $2,700
New O2 Sensors - $300
Rear Panel Eliminator Bracket - $70 / Stock Facia available
Motor Mounts - $300

Suspension-
V2 Spec. Nitron GT3 - $4,300
Springs 475 front / 650 rear
TastyTool - $48
v2/Nitron Links - $185
V2 Steering Arms - $190
V2 Chamber Shim Kit - $100
v2 Mounts - $90
Front Machined Hubs - $250
RTD2Brace - $800

V2 Motorsports Suspension setup, corner balance & ride height = magical, truly magical

GiroCup Slotted Rotors - $2,200
Carbotech xp12 front or xp12 or 10 rear depending on track $430
AP PRF Racing Brake Fluid Used
AP Racing Rebuild Kit for high heat done - $100

Wheels-
Stellacorse Wheels with Toyo R1R Tires 205/16 front & 235/17 rear - $3,250
4 x 5mm wheel spacers - $55
Wheel Stud Kit - $235

Electrical & Interior-
Braille Race Battery/Bracket - $180
Shifter Reinforcement - $120
NRG Quick Disconnect Steering Hub - $170
OMP Superquatro Flat Bottom Steering Wheel - $250
RLS Phone Clip that attaches to dash for live timing via Harrys Lap Timer - $40
Jim Clayton Hard top bolt kit - $30

Areo-
Custom Rear Wing that is 8" wider but looks stock - $500
Carbon Fiber Front Splitter (it has holes on underside so you can add an additional splitter element)- $450
Carbon Fiber Side Scoops - $400
5 Element Difflow Diffuser - $500

Saftey
6 pt Scroth Harness to factory bar, Sector lll syspak, Seat Gromet - $850
Halon Extinguisher with custom bracket -$370, custom bracket that’s more robust
Track Hooks Front & Rear from Sector lll - $140

Graphics-
Carbon Fiber, Chrome Blue Vinyl - $1,000

Parts- 29k
Labor Costs- 12K

Total= $41k / Professionally Installed & Balance Upgrades that Maximize the Car Safely

I'm asking $56,500 for the car This is a heck of a deal for someone that wants an amazing car.

I hope others that have driven it or have seen it in person will chime in to it's level.

If you like the car send me a PM as im willing to work with you, just no trade offers. I'm a bit of a lotus fanatic so I would be happy to discuss with you.
Thanks

·
Registered
54 Posts
Not only is this the most meticuluously cared for Exige i have ever seen, but its the most well sorted out Elise / Exige i have ever ridden in / driven. The suspension setup alone is mind boggling to experience.

I have an NA 06 Exige that will soon be SC'd and i only hope that one day my car ends up being half of the car that Kyle has put together.

The steering in the car is incredibly light and precise compared to my exige...the brakes would snap your neck off if needed to, LOL, and the exhaust note / noise level is nothing short of perfect...and the suspension setup is much more forgiving than my stock setup. When offered the opportunity to drive the car, other than the power difference, i wasnt expecting the car to be a night and day difference, but it was just that. This car is an 11 out of 10 hands down.

Ive known Kyle for a couple of years now, and know of no one that takes care and pays attention to the details of a car like he does. Good luck with the sale, i only wish i had the cash to purchase the car myself.:bow:

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I uploaded new photos and a 4k exhaust rev video, the lighting is a little better and the driveway is wet which always looks nice in car photos.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I had purchased his first Lotus and can confirm that the care and pride Kyle puts into his car is impeccable! This is Exige is definitely one of a kind.

I have had the opportunity to drive and ride in this car. It is absolutely amazing from top to bottom. It is so manageable on the street but such a beast on the track.

I will tell you the buyer will be grinning ear to ear!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Happy Friday, I have had some good interest in the car over the week. A few tire kickers and a few potential buyers. I don't plan on doing weekly price bumps as this car is straight up fantastic but am going to do a good one today $57,500

·
Registered
831 Posts
To the potential buyers who don't know, Ralph (v2) is hands down the most compulsive perfectionist about the suspension and other bits that exists. He designed a bunch of the components that Sector 111 sells and when he's done the car is literally better than new. I'd grab this car if I didn't already have an Elise with the same suspension.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Awesome car and free bump.

I dig that wing. Who did it or where can I get one? The stock wing is just too narrow. Or if your interested in swapping for a stock one plus some cash, please let me know.

Thanks
Ken

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Friday Bump!

I have a few interested parties but weather here has been wintery...go figure, so it has not been the best time for people to travel to see the car. But it seems in the weeks to come we have a warm front, rain, etc. which will help for those wanting to make the trip over.

Anyway, look forward to discussing the car and finding a new enthusiast to enjoy it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I have been a member of LotusTalk for a year or so, but never post so I cannot PM you. If you would contact me bulfin at auburn dot edu I have a few questions. I would very much like to own this car.

Bob

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi,

I have been a member of LotusTalk for a year or so, but never post so I cannot PM you. If you would contact me bulfin at auburn dot edu I have a few questions. I would very much like to own this car.

Bob
Bob, I sent you an email to the above address a bit ago. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Friday Bump! $56,500
Had some great activity over the week and had some offers that were turned down due to a pending sale. Unfortunately, that pending sale fell through just a bit ago due to their timing which was very understandable. I have contacted people that made offers so if your interested in the car this maybe a good time to pull the trigger on the s240.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Bump for a great seller, extremely well sorted car, and a great price.

Anyone looking for a turn-key track-day car would be foolish to pass up this car.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.